B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 22nd 13, 01:18   #1
KoshN

B5 Books: 2 Important Updates

Copied from the email notice I received:

ALERT #1 CRUSADE UPDATE

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?, Volume 2 is planned for release after the re-launch of B5books.com.

J. Michael Straczynski, being painfully aware of the lag in the CRUSADE book release schedule, is putting together a "thank you for your patience" bonus that makes it worth the wait: he's producing his two unfilmed CRUSADE episodes as audio dramas with "voices the fans are familiar with." The audio drama episodes are "To the Ends of the Earth" and "The End of the Line".

Since neither of these unproduced scripts are in Volume 2, one CD will be included FREE with Volume 3 of WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? and the other CD FREE with Volume 4.

Reminder: ALL CRUSADE books will be available until the HELL series is complete.

ALERT #2 RELEASE SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENT

B5-20, our release honoring the 20th Anniversary of BABYLON 5, will be released in June instead of April.

Budget-constrained fans are requesting we hold the release of more books until after the ECHOES series is retired so they can complete their ECHOES collection before the May 15th deadline. (Apparently, ECHOES is a popular way for U.S. customers to spend their tax refunds.)

This means that instead of releasing B5-20 in April, we are going to release B5-20 in June, after ECHOES retires (and is never, ever available again in any form).

Be assured, the dates below are LOCKED and will NOT change again.

ADJUSTED RELEASE SCHEDULE March: No new releases April: No new releases May 15: ECHOES retired June: B5-20 released

ABOUT B5-20 In our next update we will be revealing more details about B5-20.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; March 22nd 13 at 01:21.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 13, 03:24   #2
Raw Shark
Commander

Re: B5 Books: 2 Important Updates

Fantastic! I was afraid the Crusade books might have gone the way of JMS' B5 graphic novel that was in the works all those years, never to be seen again. I'm hoping we'll get to learn some things about where the series was going, given that the dialogue was so heavy in hints and foreshadowing. My hunger for Crusade has not subsided.

Raw Shark

"Wise men are instructed by reason; men of less understanding, by experience; the most ignorant, by necessity; and beasts, by nature."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 13, 04:23   #3
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Shark View Post
My hunger for Crusade has not subsided.
Neither has mine.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th 13, 09:53   #4
Bester
First One

New email update:

Quote:
Next Monday, May 13, we will email the announcement detailing the B5 Books release in honor of the 20th Anniversary of Babylon 5.

In the meantime you get two hints:
(1) It's 12 inches tall by 12 inches wide
and (2) weighs 5 pounds.

NOTE
The announcement we are sending Monday is ONLY a pre-announcement that details what B5-20 is and how much it will cost. Fans have been requesting this information because they want to budget for the release.

Ordering will NOT begin until June with one exception: orders for pick-up at the 20th Anniversary Reunion at Phoenix Comicon WILL be available.
Old June 3rd 13, 19:34   #5
Jan
Psi Cop

There's been a lot of excitement about the Babylon 5 at 20 book that was announced last month. Due to the number of people interested in pre-ordering, that's been opened up earlier than planned: http://www.cafepress.com/_b5books Books will ship by June 30. The fans who were able to pick theirs up at Phoenix Comicon loved them.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th 13, 22:18   #6
Jan
Psi Cop

Regarding pre-ordering the B520 book: There's been concern from some folks who don't have (or don't want) PayPal accounts. It's not terribly obvious, but you *can* pay by credit card even without an account. See this from Captain Jaclyn:

http://www.babylon5scripts.com/PayPal-Workaround.htm

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old June 5th 13, 18:16   #7
babylonfan
Ranger

Is there any word on the Crusade books?
babylonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th 13, 00:32   #8
Jan
Psi Cop

Nothing other than that, as an apology for how long it's taken, JMS will have audio dramas done of his two unproduced scripts. But no word yet on when they might be expected.

Jan
Old August 20th 13, 12:45   #9
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Shark View Post
Fantastic! I was afraid the Crusade books might have gone the way of JMS' B5 graphic novel that was in the works all those years, never to be seen again.
Say, yeah! I forgot about that! Anyone got any details on why that particular project died?

Kevin Long
(The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0, And The World's Greatest Living Thurl Ravenscroft Impersonator)
http://www.kevin-long.com
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote