B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old February 21st 03, 02:49   #11
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: A Faith-full Buffy

I'll miss Buffy when it ends but I would prefer it to just stop rather than to go on witha Dawn thing. From what I hear, Joss is pretty fond of her. But am I alone in finding Dawn anoying and blood presure raisingly just plain rubbish?
But a faith thing could work. And I wouldn't be suprised to see a Spike thing either as he is so poular.
Old February 21st 03, 17:10   #12
KoshN

Quote:
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by b5ezekiel: </font color>
But am I alone in finding Dawn anoying and blood pressure raisingly just plain rubbish?

[Kosh] "No." [/Kosh]

In the "annoying" department, Dawn is to BtVS as Kim is to 24. I can't see them doing a Dawn spinoff and having it be worthwhile, in much the same way I can't see Sci-Fi doing a Tremors series and having it be worthwhile. Not enough there to justify a series.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st 03, 20:43   #13
admiraldave
First One

Quote:
I think that Faith, Willow, or Spike would be great in their own shows.
While I'll agree with Faith or Willow, I am sick to death of Spike.

Admiral Dave
admiraldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st 03, 21:59   #14
**DONOTDELETE**

See my perfect show would include the characters of Faith, Spike, Wesley and Lilah. Quite simply because they are the Jossverse's most complex, interesting characters.

Mmm, it would be such a pretty,shiny show...
Old February 21st 03, 23:56   #15
**DONOTDELETE**

Quote:
In the "annoying" department, Dawn is to BtVS as Kim is to 24.
But she's so pretty [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old February 22nd 03, 01:54   #16
Glacophane
Ambassador

There are many characters that would make interesting spinoffs. The thing that I've been wondering about lately is continuity in the Buffy verse. I don't know if anyone has read the Fray miniseries that Joss wrote for Dark Horse comics last year? If you haven't and don't want to know I'll put some spoiler space inbetween just in case I accidentally give anything away....

Anyway, in the comic it is alluded that the last slayer was in the 21st century (the slayer isn't named but it kinda points towards Buffy) and how she closed the rift between demons and humans and as a result all demons and magiks were sealed off from our world. He even goes into a little bit of the history of the first slayer. If BTVS continues after Buffy is gone, I'm just wondering if he will stick to this continuity or not.
Glacophane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd 03, 13:03   #17
KoshN

Quote:
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by b5ezekiel: </font color>
But she's (Dawn or Kim) so pretty
[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd 03, 17:44   #18
**DONOTDELETE**

Kim [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] .
Old February 25th 03, 20:15   #19
**DONOTDELETE**

Unfortunately the Faith spin-off is looking a lot less likely, as it seems Eliza has signed up to a pilot for a different show on Fox. Story here.

What I love is all the straw-clutching the fan community is now doing. "Maybe it's a fake pilot, so we all think Faith will die at the end of the year!" Of course, being the huge Faith fan that I am, I'm totally buying into that theory until someones proves it irrevocably untrue, [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] but yeah, not keeping my hopes up!
Old February 25th 03, 21:12   #20
CelleDuSoleil
Ambassador

I wouldn't worry to much about that FOX show, HP. Past experience has proven time and time again that scifi/fantasy type shows on FOX have the average life expentancy of a hellbound snowball. [img]images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
CelleDuSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote