B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 21st 11, 14:36   #1
Demonn
First One

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Trailer #3 is up... thank god, because the moon was getting old.

That new chick looks like a plastic sex doll. Why'd you have to go & be stupid Megan?
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th 11, 11:17   #2
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Trailer #3 is up... thank god, because the moon was getting old.

That new chick looks like a plastic sex doll. Why'd you have to go & be stupid Megan?
Peter Cullens' voice, robots, explosions, crap jokes, more robots, shakey cam, all in 3D.

I'll be there on the front row on opening day, glasses ready

DL = Hollywoods' bitch.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th 11, 11:49   #3
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Quote:
That new chick looks like a plastic sex doll.
You talk about this like its a negative ...

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
Old May 24th 11, 20:40   #4
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
Quote:
That new chick looks like a plastic sex doll.
You talk about this like its a negative ...
It could be... hopefully she does some acting & stuff though.
Old June 27th 11, 20:02   #5
Demonn
First One

So close... this comes out this weekend.
Old July 6th 11, 17:22   #6
Mike G

Transformers 3 was all I really all I wanted in a Transformers movie all along. An intense sci-fi action film, with a comprehensible plot. And action scenes where you could actually see what was going on, without the need for flashing a strobe light in the camera for the entire last act. It's not a super complex formula, but Michael Bay managed to screw it up 2 out of 3 times.
Old July 7th 11, 10:08   #7
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

This movie is arguably the exemplar of its genre, 2 hours of Saturday morning TV from the 1980s' recreated in 3D at vast expense, with all the visual glory and intellectual emptiness that entails.

In short, Bay did indeed finally get it right. I really really loved it, even as a massive Transformers fanboy I could appreciate that this was a great popcorn movie on its own, with incredible action set pieces and Bay making every frame look stunning.

Its also made a 100% profit in one week, so one can hardly argue at the waste of cash.

Last night I watched The Expendibles (of whom none died I believe). Not a bad film of its genre but I honestly felt that it desperately needed a director like Bay to do the actors and concept justice. He just knows how to make great action sequences.

- Charlie Brooker
Old July 9th 11, 21:36   #8
Demonn
First One

Spoiler for Transformers:
I'm still pi$$ed they killed Ironhide.
Old July 10th 11, 21:00   #9
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Haven't watched it yet because I heard the Jar Jar twins and the little pervy bot still feature.

As to the point about characters dying... it's based on a toy line. C'mon have you not even seen the original G1 movie? The pretty much wiped out the entire original toy line in the first half hour. I think that messed with a lot of kids. In fact it was the outcry over Optimus Prime's original death that led to them bringing him back as Powermaster Prime... they just didn't even get how beloved the character had become with kids.

I always seemed to have rotten luck with my toys. All the ones I owned seemed to suffer premature ends. Sunstreaker went into a coma in the comics, very early on... sure something bad happened to Thundercracker too.

Not sure about Tracks.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th 11, 09:00   #10
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Twins are gone, pervy bot still there. I like the idea of a robot Joe Peschi myself.

- Charlie Brooker