B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 24th 11, 14:34   #11
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't completely sold on it. Being a G1 Transformers comic fan... I do prefer a well written TF story and not just an action flick.

I don't like the characterisation. "Minor" Autobots always seem to come across as ridiculous caricatures. I also don't thing the scriptwriters *get* Optimus at all. They make him increasingly brutal throughout the series. There is no way he'd ever say the line "Give me your face" as in ROTF and he wouldn't perform a cold blooded execution on a beaten foe who has so obviously been broken and appears contrite... he just wouldn't do that.

Wasn't sure of the silly robosnake drill thing that accompanied Shockwave. Why not just make Shockwave himself more hardcore?

Shockwave is a character who is well developed enough to deserve his own plot. I would have liked to see an adaptation of the "Repeat Performance" storyline combined with "Dinobot Hunt". People have been crying out for the Dinobots for ages and those storylines would bring them in with credibility.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd 11, 15:01   #12
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Your mistaking classic 1980's UK comics written by Simon Furman with US mainstream. One is actually 2000 AD for a slightly younger audience, the other is mainstream tosh.

I enjoy both, although the blood-thirsty prime is a bit hard to swallow, especially when he bleats on about freedom, then chops his surrendered enemies / mentors head off.

Film 4 will have no Bay and all Dinobots. That is my hope.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote