B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 28th 11, 16:36   #31
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: RIP Jeff Conaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
Has JMS said anything?
From his Facebook Fan page:
Quote:
His premarture departure is a loss to all who knew him. We were fortunate enough to work with him for four years when he was fully and truly himself, before the demons remembered his name and picked up where they'd left off. He was a good man. He will be missed.
Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th 11, 17:32   #32
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Has JMS said anything?
Quote:
His premarture departure is a loss to all who knew him. We were fortunate enough to work with him for four years when he was fully and truly himself, before the demons remembered his name and picked up where they'd left off. He was a good man. He will be missed.
Jan
There are few things worse than when any kind of demon remembers your name - metaphorical, allegorical or actual.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th 11, 19:43   #33
vacantlook

I skip coming by the board for a day and this happens. I never have any appropriate words to say in response to events like this. It's sad. What an insufficient statement, but it is true. It is sad.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th 11, 20:55   #34
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Has JMS said anything?
Quote:
Jan
Thank you.

Poor guy. I got the impression he always had a pretty rough life, and the last decade or so seemed to be pretty horrible, from what little I heard. My prayers for his soul and his family.
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th 11, 20:56   #35
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
From his Twitter feed:

Quote:
* People are twittering that Jeff Conaway is dead. He is classified as brain dead and life-support has been turned off but he is still alive.

* I have not yet heard anything to contradict that from anyone in a position to know the full story. Just FYI.

* Jeff Conaway is gone. Tragic, unfortunate, unnecessary. No definitions today. Nothing's funny. He was a good guy.

* Original Star Trek core cast was alive and intact for 25+ years. B5 core cast down three already. WTF?

* @DRayburn We lost Andreas Katsulas, Rick Biggs, and now Jeff Conaway.

* @fizzixrat If we start including guest cast the list is going to get very long. Jeff, Rick and Andreas were core cast/regulars.

* @AgateGecko On any TV series, what defines core cast members isn't how much they're liked, it's if they appear in the main titles every week

* @AgateGecko But none of that matters on a personal basis: Tim was a great guy, much beloved, and his loss was a great burden.
Thank you.
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th 11, 00:38   #36
LondosHair
First One

Jeff's best scene -- the one-take from Thirdspace with Pat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5ceAgfbQ4
Old May 29th 11, 00:44   #37
Jade Jaguar
First One

I'll echo what GKE said. Jeff/Zack was an everyman among giants. He held his own amongst them, and at times they needed him to remind them of their own humanity.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th 11, 02:02   #38
vacantlook

^LondosHair, that is definitely one of the main scenes I remember of his. I also really enjoy his having trouble with his uniform not quite fitting. That always makes me laugh.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th 11, 03:08   #39
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
^LondosHair, that is definitely one of the main scenes I remember of his. I also really enjoy his having trouble with his uniform not quite fitting. That always makes me laugh.
I also remember him from tearing off his Nightwatch armband after he'd aided in the capture of all of the Nightwatch security personnel.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th 11, 06:13   #40
dreamer
Ranger

One of my favourite characters, right after Londo. Loved every scene of his. This is pretty awful, but you reap what you sow. Somehow I think that's something Zach would've agreed with.

Still, man. Another one goes

Last edited by dreamer; May 29th 11 at 06:15.
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote