• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cheyenne, Wyoming (Carnivale)

Alluveal

Regular
Holy Freakin' COW.

:eek:

If you haven't seen this ep and don't want to be spoiled, don't continue reading.

Sophie is Justin's daughter? DAYUM! Talk about one frick'ed up family tree.

SPOILERS
Yeah, I definitely didn't see that one coming. Even though Brother Justin is just about the right age to have been Sophie's father, it never occurred to me that he was the one that raped Sophie's mother. I guess I have to take back my earlier thoughts about Justin being inherently good .... apparently, he's been evil for quite a long time.

On a side note, I definitely think that this is the last season for Carnivale .... things are just moving way too fast now -- so fast that I'm even sure if some things make sense. I probably need to go back and watch the episode again, but it seemed to me that people were driving from Wyoming to California overnight, which I'm not even sure is possible with today's automobiles. And I'm really starting to wonder how Sophie made it out to Brother Justin so quickly , but those are just minor things.

^ Sophie moves at the speed of plot.

What bugs me is Iris has been apparently plotting for some time, yet now that we know, she can't hide her plots from Justin? Seem like sloppy writing.

Oh well, I'm still really enjoying this show.

I think Iris is on Justin's side, maybe. She could be just trying to appear to side with Norman to get information from him on what he knows. Then again, I still think Iris will spill the beans to Sophie about her father at the last minute and Sophie will be the one who kills bro. justin.

You may be right about Sophie killing Brother Justin. She seems to be wising up to him in the most recent ep, and she does like Ben. But, she may just play a crucial part in helping Ben kill Justin, as I predicted a while back. Also, I am becoming more and more convinced that Iris really does plan to turn against Justin, as she seemed to know what Ben was up to, told him where to find Justin, and left the axe on Justin's pillow. I predicted her turning too, when others thought it was impossible. But, then I thought I understood her motive. Now, I realize I don't know it at all.

Psion Ten, it does seem certain that Ben and Justin will meet in the final ep of the season, but I am far less convinced than you that this will be the last season. Still, I don't know how they would extend things for another full season. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Was Rev. Norman's 'one shot' it? Or will he still really be a player in bringing down Justin? Iris may have plans for him, but what if Ben were to heal Norman, without Justin knowing? Or, with Norman's consent, use Norman's life energy to heal someone else? The opposite of predictable, this show offers nothing but possibilities.

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

If Ben were to heal Norman, I think Justin would know it. Justin seems to have a seizure everytime Ben heals someone.

I wonder if Justin might get locked up in the asylum again, one of the stated possible outcomes of killing Henry Scudder. Lodz said through Ruthie that he will be back. Either of these could stretch the series out for another season. The show has so many possibilities to shift in different directions. :)

Man, I hope it's not the end.

And no, I don't think Norman is out of the picture. Were I Ben, I'd heal Norman and take directly from Justin (if possible.) I don't think things will play out that easily, though. :)

Back