• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season 5 in R2 anyone???

masterofpuppets5

Beyond the rim
I'm still waiting for the fifth season to be released on R2 since I already have the rest of the DVD's on R2. Unfortunately I'm clueless about what's going on with that.
I'm hoping someone here have heard what is up, cause I am dying to know.

Sie können schon Spacecenter Babylon 5, Staffel 5 aus Deutschland kaufen.
Only the box is in German, while the discs themselves should be in English, with a choiche of German or English audio.

I haven't bought it from Germany since I was hyper-busy with my studies. I think I'll get it from the UK when it's released there.

Wow! Middle of January - if I'm not mistaking that makes it about a 5 month delay from the first original realse date! Amazing! :eek:
I sure would like to understand the reasons for the delays. :confused:

Anyway thanks guys for the tips. I think I'll pass the German version and wait till January.

I have ordered the R2 Season 5 from Germany, in fact had it for about 2 weeks now. You should know that the 5th season box is hugely flawed:

First of all, the type of packet has been changed again from s4 style to a bit thinner.

The intro on "The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father" is standard intro instead of original one with psi corps logo.

And worst of all; the episode 18. The Fall of Centauri Prime is missing all the scenes before intro, thus the episode runtime is only 38 minutes and about 4 minutes are missing.

Also BBFC has checked about a month ago the 38 minute version of the episode
so R2 UK will likely also be "cutted" unless they decided to pull back the release and delay it again.

I have ordered the R2 Season 5 from Germany, in fact had it for about 2 weeks now. You should know that the 5th season box is hugely flawed:

First of all, the type of packet has been changed again from s4 style to a bit thinner.

The intro on "The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father" is standard intro instead of original one with psi corps logo.

And worst of all; the episode 18. The Fall of Centauri Prime is missing all the scenes before intro, thus the episode runtime is only 38 minutes and about 4 minutes are missing.

Ah. This is so nice. R2 customers are once again being kicked in the ass. I'm kinda used to it. Now that R2 version lacks severly some of original material that is on R1 version... makes me wonder... why wouldn't I order Season 5 R1 version. Hmm, I'll think that... www.loaded247.com - here I come.

That fits with what happened in S2, when Delenn's changing appearance was given away by the opening credits for the first 2 eps - something to do with it beaing easier and cheaper for a single credit sequence to be used for the entire season than to mess around changing a single one here and there (I believe) when the widescreen transfers were made.

That's just crass and unprofessional. Is that the case with the R1 sets?

Are any of these problems on the R1 version as well. If not then I think I will just buy R1 (even though the rest of my collection is R2).

That fits with what happened in S2, when Delenn's changing appearance was given away by the opening credits for the first 2 eps

I thought that this was correct on R2 but incorrect on R1?

I ditched going Region 2 after Season 3, when they changed the packaging. Now I've got all 5 seasons + TV movies of B5 looking pretty much the same on my shelf AND Crusade. Region 2 seem to be way behind - ironic, since R2 got Season 1 before anyone else!

That fits with what happened in S2, when Delenn's changing appearance was given away by the opening credits for the first 2 eps

I thought that this was correct on R2 but incorrect on R1?

Hmmm ... you could be right - it's a while since I watched early S2, so I don't remember. I just remembered this issue coming up before!

:)

Also BBFC has checked about a month ago the 38 minute version of the episode
so R2 UK will likely also be "cutted" unless they decided to pull back the release and delay it again.

This is horrible news!
But maybe the "cutted" version is one of the reasons for the additional delay - to correct it.
(crossing fingers tightly)

Back