• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Andromeda renewed

ElScorcho

Regular
Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda has been renewed for a fourth season. The last decent, good quality true science fiction show on commercial TV.

I just thought I'd post this as a change of pace in a genre where most of its shows are cancelled.

smile.gif

Excellent. Now it they would just shorten the commercials to 5 minutes per episode instead of the 18-20 minutes normal nowadays.......

So does that make Hercules in Space the last official "space-based" science fiction on American television?

frown.gif

I am so depressed.
frown.gif

Andromeda...

What can I say. Its gotten worse, every year, and they lost my favorite character, Rev, which makes it hard to complete their single biggest story loose end...

I'll stick with what we can get, but it does amaze me how Andromeda is renewed and some others aren't...

I will continue to watch, because I think they have a great cast of characters/Actors.

Its on a Saturday afternoon slot. What kind of competition does it have? "The Lost World" or some crap like that?

Andromeda. Ewwwww. The only way I could watch it is if I were totally uneducated, because their really bad piracy of names from history makes me queasy.

Their stories make me queasy.

And that horrible character who is supposed to be a genius nerd. Boy, do I dislike that character.
rolleyes.gif
Tir, or whatever his name is, had possibilities, but they never really do much with him, from what I've seen. Just like Voyager. They set themselves up with a conflict, then almost immediately tamed that conflict into "we're all buddy-buddy around here".
rolleyes.gif

I suppose I'm just too picky to be a space-based sci-fi fan right now. But Andromeda didn't do it for me. And I gave it a full season and a half or so. Then I just lost track of it.
frown.gif

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda has been renewed for a fourth season. The last decent, good quality true science fiction show on commercial TV.

You're serious??? Where's the
tongue.gif
?

The last decent, good quality true science fiction show on commercial TV.

*cough* SG-1 *cough*

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda has been renewed for a fourth season.

Why?

We have had the first season over here in the UK and the only reason I watched it most of the time was because it was on before Stargate. I actually missed a number of episodes and didn't care, which is a bad sign.

It just does not grab me. I barely remember the character names let alone the plots. I have a problem with a galaxy that is supposed to be in disarray after the collapse of the comonwealth, yet seems to be thriving after three hundred years. The have a postal system, trade centres and intergalactic surfing competitions broadcast to space ships.

Me thinks they are doing very well on their own and don't really need an ancient system of government to be ressurected.

If the characters had a realistic reason for doing what they are doing, then I might watch.

Oh yes, the sets are so eighties.

Moan over.

I watched season one... didn't watch it, turned off. Started to watch towards the end of season one, and it was kinda good... started to get into it.

But then I could see the E:FC shit was going to hit the fan, so I bailed. Glad i did. By all accounts they've messed with Trance and more, and Rev has gone of course. Now the ENTIRE writing staff, developer and all, have gone. That isn't good.

But it does have Steve Bacic and Lexa Doig. *swoons*

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda has been renewed for a fourth season.

Andromeda? What's that?

Ooh, that show with the guy who was all powerful cuz he had a big cool ship with big cool explosions. And slept with people. Cuz sci-fi nerds dig 'splosions and you don't want to accidentally attract smart viewers.

And that other guy, who was big, bad, genetically superior, and scared of the itty bitty fighter ship. Cuz, like, chicks dig a sensitive dude with fears.

And that chick who used to be purple, but turned gold with arrows on her chest to lead the dumb male audience's eyes to her boobs.

And it's the show where story arcs are bad because they don't want the type of viewers who could follow arcs.

Oh, I’m just going to go throw a party for the fact it’s been renewed. Again.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I agree with you, KoshN. I thought he was joking.

I thought Andromeda had potential, and I will admit I did like to stare at Tyr, but by halfway through the first season, I stopped watching it regularly. I stopped watching altogether by the end. Now I have a hard time believing 3 years of this tripe have already passed by.

Laoise:
And that other guy, who was big, bad, genetically superior, and scared of the itty bitty fighter ship. Cuz, like, chicks dig a sensitive dude with fears.

And that chick who used to be purple, but turned gold with arrows on her chest to lead the dumb male audience's eyes to her boobs.

You know, you suddenly make me very glad that I stopped watching the show.
laugh.gif

Mutant X has also been renewed. I liked the character of Rev Bem as well. I used to watch the show Sunday nights at 11PM in syndication until Fox replaced it with The Practice.
frown.gif

The last few eps haven't been as good as the beginning of the season and last season, but it's still way better than Enterprise.

And as for Stargate - the movie was okay, but McGuyvergate ... yaaaaaaaaaawn. I'd rather watch a Sliders after Jerry O'Connell jumped the ship.

You know, you suddenly make me very glad that I stopped watching the show.
laugh.gif

I wish I had been as smart as you
tongue.gif

I should have stopped watching the day Hunt picked up a sword, swung it just like Hercules, and it made the exact same noise good ol' Herc's did.

laugh.gif
It has nothing to do with wisdom. I just had a 21-credit-hour semester, and I rally stopped watching most television at that point.

And started my intense internet addiction.
tongue.gif

The last few eps haven't been as good as the beginning of the season and last season, but it's still way better than Enterprise.

Wow, isn't that damning it with faint praise.

Once I catch up with Farscape, there will be no sci-fi shows in production that I like. Although I am starting to get into "The Dead Zone".

But what happened to all my space-based sci-fi? I haven't been without at least one show I liked since TNG started!

Admiral Dave

And as for Stargate - the movie was okay, but McGuyvergate ... yaaaaaaaaaawn.

Hmm, I always liked "MacGyver," and in "SG-1," Richard Dean Anderson (Col. Jack O'Neill) is pretty much the opposite of Angus MacGyver. Amanda Tapping (Capt./Maj. Samantha Carter) and Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson) have more of a MacGyver-ish (can solve anything) role.

Thats so depressing. Great shows like VR5, Crusade and odyssey 5 get canceled and TRASH like andromada just keeps on coming.

Back