• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Question about Andromeda. (Spoilers)

Demonn

Regular
This thread may contain spoilers..... so if you don't like spoilers... don't look. Turn around or something.

What happened to Tyr's claws?
Nietzscheans have claws or whatever on their arms... but then I noticed that Tyr didn't have claws anymore in the last episode.

What happened to them?
confused.gif

the actor didn't like them, so they found a convienent time to remove them from the series, the season 2 finale/3 premiere, when he came back they were gone, they wrote it off as saying he didn't know what happened, they just were gone when he arrived back on this side of the trans-dimentional tunnel.

it's sad that i know this, but i read it online in a thread baout the show somewhere, as well as noticing it myself on the 2nd S3 episode.

and they aren't "Claws" they are bones, you get to see that in an x-ray in the season 2 finale, they are part of the bone that goes from elbow to wrist (can't remember what it's called)

I knew they were bone but they use them like claws..... occasionally... that's why I called them claws.

Anyway, they should of told that actor to shut his mouth and keep wearing the damn things.

Andromeda could be so much better than it is... but I don't think they care. All they have to do is pay a little more attention to the small details, and get some new CG shots.
rolleyes.gif

They probably think that people don't notice that they use the same CG shots over, and over, and over again.
mad.gif

Actually, in last week's ep, a few Nietszchians scoff at him because without those bones, they assume he's a normal human.

no they didn't, they knew who he was, but they did get a little snobbish when looking at him, that is until he cracked their skulls in.

From what I have read from his own posts on his messageboard and from many other posters from the old SSBS and other places, I got the impression that he wanted them gone not so much because he disliked them (though I am pretty sure he did), but moreso to make a statement about what he thought TPTB had done to the character. You could almost say he felt Tyr had been cast in a bad light, to put it mildly. Declawed might also work, although most call them bone spurs for whatever reason.

The point is moot anyways.

Edit for spoiler space, since I don't know how to hide the text here yet.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

KHC is leaving the series at the end of the season. If Tribune so desires they have him signed for 4 eps which he is obligated but that is all, and they may or may not choose to write any eps involving him. So you can kiss Tyr goodbye.

Fading back into lurkerdom.

SmG

>So you can kiss Tyr goodbye.

But he's my favorite... was my favorite, until they declawed him.
laugh.gif

In the first season (when I was still giving the show a chance) the only character I thought much of was Tyr and perhaps, just a bit, the ship.

I tried to watch Andromeda this week. I really tried, I did. But it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

frown.gif
There literally is no space-based sci-fi show that I enjoy any longer. Well, that is making new episodes, I mean. I'd rather watch the West Wing.

What about that chick from the Sabra pride? The one that maried Spike (I can' remember the actor's name or the character's name. He was from the Jaguar pride.). She had that elctric whip thing.

Anyhow her bone/claws looked like they were made of ivory or something.

The good news keeps coming. They already got rid of my least favourite character, the Rev. Or he quit, whatever.

I don't think I'll miss Tyr a bit. No tears for Tyr. He has the smae role in every story - "I don't like Dylan but I want to achieve the same goal for my own reason so I'll help him." Bah. Give me something new.

Hopefully, we'll get more stories about Trance then, whose character is emerging to be the most intriguing.

They already got rid of my least favourite character, the Rev. Or he quit, whatever.

Quit, because the make-up-glue stuff was giving him severe allergy problems, and apparently there was no other feasible way to get him into costume.

mega spoilers...
they just brought rev back this week, and had some stupid plot that changed him into a non-magog, meaning no more make-up and fur-suit, now just some simple plain makeup around the nose and eyes. he's comin back for more episodes suposedly now.

Oh good lord. Please oh please tell me you're joking. Oh good grief, that's just pathetic.
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif

That's just.... There's no words for how pathetic that is. Trading Spaces it'll be this Saturday for me, forget Andromeda.
tongue.gif

complete truth so far as i know (about him coming back for more i mean, actually watched the episode, so know first hand about the change)

sorry...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back