• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

DS9 DVD arrived last night!

crofootski

Regular
grin.gif

I almost couldn't wait to watch some of it, but I did my exercises and other chores, and dialed into work for a 45-minute software fix test, then sat down and enjoyed for the rest of the evening.

Watched some of the extras, and they are very nice.

I wasn't expecting the DVD for a couple of weeks, because the release date in amazon is February 25. However, I bought mine from northamericandvd.com and they are in Canada. Guess they got theirs earlier than amazon.

I still have to wait one month for the R2 release of DS9
frown.gif

And then another two months for the R2 release of Babylon 5 s2. But maybe it's better that way... at least I can buy food now
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Is it that time already?
grin.gif
I do remember thinking that DS9 season 1 would keep me entertained until B5 season 2 comes out.

I, too, will have to worry about how to pay for it, though.

Without giving too much away, what kind of extras does it have?

Here's what amazon.com says:

20 episodes on 6 DVDs

Featurettes: Deep Space Nine: A Bold New Beginning (includes interviews, behind-the-scenes footage from filming of the pilot, the space station model, and other visual effects); Crew Dossier: Kira Nerys (interviews with Nana Visitor, Ira Steven Behr, and others); Michael Westmore's Aliens: Season One (an in-depth look at the aliens, including Bajorans, Cardassians, and Ferengis); Secrets of Quark's Bar (Penny Juday reveals the secrets behind the props); Deep Space Nine Sketchbook (illustrator Rick Sternbach reveals how the space station developed); Alien Artifacts: Season One (propmaster Joe Longo explains the props)

Section 31 Hidden Files

Original Deep Space Nine preview

So far, I've watched the first three featurettes, and have been pleased. I like to hear the actors talking about their parts and experiences on shows.

Thanks, crofootski, you just made me decide not to cancel my order.
cool.gif

I am not rolling in money this semester, but I did like DS9 for the first few seasons. I dropped off after that, but it had more to do with the fact that I didn't have the time to watch much tv and so I will look forward to the dvds.

Once my overtime pay comes back again.

But I do have fond memories of the first few seasons. I suspect I'll make them rich.
wink.gif

Both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com have shipped stuff to me around a week before release date every time I've preordered something lately. But then again, it takes around 3 weeks at least for the stuff to get here anyway so I guess they're counting on that.

i was speaking strictly within the US, though every now and then they may do it, never to anyone i know though

I don't anyone who ordered from an online store like Best Buy,Walmart or Amazon will be getting there's early .I never have and besides .I understand these companies can get into a lot of trouble from the respectative studios if they sell or ship any earlier than the release date given by the studio.

i was speaking strictly within the US
Ahh. You didn't say so.
smile.gif
I assumed you meant Amazon.com's policies in general, since I had no way of knowing you only meant shipments within the US.

perfectly understandable, sorry for not being more specific from the get-go.

Got mine about a 5 or 6 days ago, watched all the episodes in 3 nights, excellent, now i can't wait for season 2, coming in the beginning of April, about 25 days before B5 s2. (which i have already paid off at suncoast for $79.99...sorry antony, best deal i could find)

Mine arrived I guess a week ago, but I haven't had time to watch even the first episode.
blush.gif

Much the same was true with B5, though. I had it awhile before I watched the first episode.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back