• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

end of buffy ??

Man, when it rains, it pours.
frown.gif

never a [[[truer]]] word , KoshN

p.s. i will grant you this . But i think it is unbelievable , Oh wait a mo i will have to check that statement in case i have mis-spelled it and others may see it as an insult or something
grin.gif

Zap2it have reported that Sarah intends to leave at the end of this year.

With Angel, there's no news either way. It hasn't been renewed yet, but the neither has it not been renewed! Right now, it's just a case of wait and see. Or, if you're anything like me, constantly-check-every-news-source-you-can-find and see!
grin.gif

Firstly, on the Buffy thing, it is not confirmed that she will leave. However, it is extremely likely. See my article at:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/260203_03.shtml

That's my (without bias, I say this of course) take. And it's neutral without the crap.

The writing has been on the wall anyway, but SMG's actions have clearly sent the signal. You then get loads of news sites coming out of the woodwork saying they've got inside info that SMG has quit. Well durgh.

As to Angel, it's been struggling badly. Very badly. I think it's unlikely it'll return next year...

Personally i would be happy just if it ends with a proper ending, possibly with the death of Buffy.

I'd have been happier if it ended at the end of season five, instead of coming back for that car crash of a season six.

Personally i would be happy just if it ends with a proper ending, possibly with the death of Buffy.

Possible spoiler

What, AGAIN? Getting a bit repetitive, isn't it?
laugh.gif

Well, I saw an interview with the author of "Bite Me", and she was saying that Joss's original concept for Buffy was a 5 year arc, ending with "The Gift", Buffy's death. It was only Buffy's popularity that caused him to reevaluate.

Personally, I'd prefer an open ending. Something like TNG's series finale.

Admiral Dave

When it rains, it pours? I would hardly put Buffy's cancelation in the same category as some of the other cancelations lately (Firefly, Farscape, etc.) ... if that was what you were implying? Anyway, like Ant said, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

I also thought it would have been nice to end it after season 5. So far, it has been ok but not as much fun to watch as it was before. I have also gotten the feeling that this season will be the last from the "Big Bad" that they are fighting this season. I mean, how do you top that?
cool.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by DaRkEnEdStAr: </font color>
I was gonna put that !!!! But then didnt know if it existed or not !!!!!

Well, you know what it makes me sound like, the way you have it, without the 2nd "r" in it, right?
shocked.gif

Please fix it. The heck with whether it exists or not (and it does, BTW). Sheesh.
shocked.gif

::sighs:: I knew the day would come eventually, and I would rather the show went out while it was still going strong, rather than just shuffle off like the X-files ended up doing. I know some people feel it's already reached that stage, but I've really being enjoying this season, though I must admit the writing has been weaker than it was for the first few seasons.

But what with so many other things going off the air, it leaves me with so little that I want to watch. Plus Buffy's been a part of my life for 7 years now, and is part of the reason that I'm even posting here. I'm gonna miss it.
frown.gif

I'd have been happier if it ended at the end of season five, instead of coming back for that car crash of a season six.

Oh, Antony, will we every agree on anything
wink.gif
I dropped out of BtVS halfway into the 3rd season, and it was the 6th season (and a happy remote control accident) that brought me back. The car crash episode to be exact
tongue.gif

I have also gotten the feeling that this season will be the last from the "Big Bad" that they are fighting this season. I mean, how do you top that?

You could have asked that after Season 5. How do you top a God? I'm not sure they have, but I liked some parts of Season 6 (OK, mainly naked Spike
wink.gif
) and what I've seen of 7 so far is good. I was a bit shocked tonight though when...

SPOILER!!!!!

they killed poor Jonathan!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back