• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Cape

tygirwulf

Regular
It's been off for several years and lasted only two seasons, but it was a relatively realistic view of life around Cape Kennedy. It featured footage from NASA of shuttle launches, and often featured its primary characters in space, doing the routine things in space.
smile.gif
It also showed a few astronauts in training, their struggles to live their dreams. I really don't remember too much about it, except that it was always slotted around 2am and I had to record it on our only VCR at the time, a really ancient machine. Corbin Berenson played the veteran astronaut teaching all these new people and showing them the ropes. His nickname on the show was Bull.

I really, really loved this show, since it offered a much more realistic, present view of space than any sci-fi show I'd ever seen. No zipping off to the next solar system at warp 8, just inching up to orbit at 18,000+ mph. Has anyone else seen this show?

Yes. But I don't remember anything about it, except that I liked it when I happened to catch it.
grin.gif

I'd forgotten all about it, actually, until I read your post.
blush.gif

Bah.
smile.gif
The Columbia was what reminded me of it, after a few months of not thinking about it. Another little thing I remembered: Bull was supposed to have graduated from my local state university, Southeast Missouri State. That seemed pretty cool to me, since this area does not exactly get recognition.

I never really liked <font color="#C91F45">Corbin Bernsen</font color> all that much until I got hooked by this particular series, this would also be the series that made me notice <font color="#C91F45">Adam Baldwin</font color> for the very first time, but <font color="#C91F45">Cameron Bancroft</font color> remained the cutest of them all. Concerning the series itself, I have to say that I loved it and that would probably be the main reason why I can remember such a lot about it. I even recorded 5 episodes or so, but I have no idea as to what ever happened to them. The series didn't only have a solid premise with realistic and identifiable characters, but most of the stuff that happened in the show were based on facts or events that could quite possibly occur in real life, and that's always a bonus since one can almost live yourself into those particular life dramas. '<font color="#C91F45">The Cape</font color>' was also a very informative series for someone whom knows nothing about NASA and its space program.

Yeah, I could quite possibly answer a couple of questions if there are any.

dbscan360.jpg

i loved that show, missed it for ages when it went off air, nearly forgot about it.

now that could be a good show for Sci-Fi to pick up, just for the 2 seasons a couple times a year.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back