• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

question for the technomage trilogy

I felt so sad when Elric,Fa,Burell,Carvin and Isabelle died,they were the best in the story,and all I have left was Galen,Alwyn,G'leel and Fed to read about,anybody up for a probr spitting contest,oh,and I already read all 3,I just recently got em

I've always wondered which mages composed The Circle when we saw them in A Call to Arms.
Didn't see Herazade.
grin.gif
devil.gif

I doebt it,she is the healtiest of the old people(it's kind funny when I say that assuming that all the old people are all under aprox 60,the rest should be dead I guess)

Well, she should be healthiest. She disassociated before she destroyed her place of power, IIRC. Since being in hiding, what risks has she personally taken? None at all. She's a coward.

Compare her to Elric, Blaylock, Kell, Ing-Radi, Carvin, Kane, Gwyne, Finian, Alwyn, Burell, Isabelle and Galen. What risks have they taken? Lots. Big ones.

I thought Herazade didn't have a place of power because it was too old fashioned.

Those like Elric who didn't dissociate with their places of power as they destroyed it had to endure extreme pain as a piece of them died.

yes, she did NOT have a place of power for the reason mentioned

and i don't know about the dissociate thing, i mean, even if they did dissociate they would loose something that had been a part of them for years, something that they had grown to

if mages were all happy and fine by dissociating and then destroying their place of power then i'm sure Elric would have done so. it just hurt more doing it without dissociating
- in my opinion anyway

Yes I totally agree. Because it was so much a part of him, Elric couldn't bear the thought of his place of power as well as his chrysalis dying all alone.

Since he was destroying a piece of himself, he felt he needed to, errr, "hold its hand" as it died, I guess.
smile.gif

I would assume that there were some mages that did dissociate with their place of power before destroying it, and still suffered the same ill after-effects like the rest.

Yeah the trilogies are in hardcover all of them to my understanding Technomage,Psi Corp I have this one at home so it is available you just have to find it and Centauri.I have seen the technomage one but did not buy it.

one thing i never understood, why didn't any of them dig out their chrysalis?

dig it out, stick it in the ship, then fly off, they have their chrysalis, and suffer no ill-effects. (oh but that would be too easy
rolleyes.gif
)

I believe its because the crysalis had grown and intertwined with systems. It would therefore be impossible to take it out.

one thing i never understood, why didn't any of them dig out their chrysalis?

dig it out, stick it in the ship, then fly off, they have their chrysalis, and suffer no ill-effects. (oh but that would be too easy )
rolleyes.gif

That part of their chrysalis had intertwined inextricably with their place of power, like roots of a plant, and had grown/spread over the years. What you are saying couldn't be done. Elric's had grown throughout the entire planet of Soom, and by the time he had to leave, would probably not fit within the interior volume of a Technomage Ship.

just as a mages own chyrsalis cannot be used with any other mage as it is a part of them, has a adjusted and grown to them

would probably not fit within the interior volume of a Technomage Ship

tie it to the back of the ship
tongue.gif

That part of their chrysalis had intertwined inextricably with their place of power, like roots of a plant, and had grown/spread over the years. What you are saying couldn't be done. Elric's had grown throughout the entire planet of Soom
it could of been done, would have been difficult to do in such a short time, but it could have been done

I find it amazing that someone used the words "Technomage" and "U-haul" in the same sentence.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back