• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Returns To SciFi

Robach

This announcement is on the SciFi Channel's B5 page (www.scifi.com/babylon5):

"Monday, March 31, 2003
Babylon 5 returns to the SCI FI lineup, weekdays at 9AM ET/PT."

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

hey, you can't keep on playing the same show over and over and over, in the same run forever, you know. lol

At least it's on.

Maybe some newbies who got the S1 DVD for Christmas will now be able to see the rest of the show. They can probably tape it and watch it later.

hey, you can't keep on playing the same show over and over and over, in the same run forever, you know. lol
This is actually quite true.

While there is no way in hell I personally could watch TV at 8am CST (im at work) and I am sure many on this board cannot either, it WOULD open up the opportunity to catch new viewers that have never seen it before, because perhaps it was on before while THEY were at work. People work all sorts of different shifts and stuff you know.

At this point B5 being on Sci-Fi is a moot point to me because of the DVDs. I will never watch Season 1 again on TV ever, and after April, I wont watch Season 2 on TV again either. Why would I when I can enjoy the DVDs? I think moving it to the a.m. should not be taken as Sci-Fi attempting to screw over B5, rather as a chance for the "franchise" to gather new viewers and fans that it was unable to grab before. Every little bit helps.

It's only a matter of time before it ends up like Earth Final Conflict. EFC started at 7pm weekly Went to 2pm weekls. and is now one once a week 4am on Saturday. B5 is on its way to death...

B5 is on its way to death...
See, its comments like this that I just dont understand. How can anyone get away with saying something like that?

1) Its been 4+ years since the show completed and went off the air, so the ONLY B5 you will EVER see is reruns.
2) We were given another telemovie last year. Maybe not a series, but we still got something in the B5 universe.
3) The fans were finally given DVDs, and great ones at that. As a fan of a television show, there isnt really anything more you can ask for.

In essense the show "died" when it completed and production ended. But the DVDs are a great gift for the fans. The DVDs ensure that we, as fans, will be able to enjoy the show forever in widescreen format and never-before-heard dolby 5.1. The show may have passed but we can watch and rewatch it whenever we want. DVDs are really the last step in any television series these days, and we are lucky to not only have them, but to have gotten them with such great video and audio quality. Lots of shows never make it to DVD. Those shows DO disappear and die forever when they are taken off the air. The DVDs will keep this show around for a lot longer...

Geez people complained when SciFi took B5 off, now that it's back there's bitchin about the timeslot...

Get a VCR/TiVo and record the show then... or buy the DVDs

They're not going to put a show that's been off the air for years in one of their prime spots. Heck they've even moved TOS around... just be glad it's on the air.

You know, as much as I have b****** about the Skiffy channel lately, I have to agree with the "what are you complaining about" group.
laugh.gif

The show has been on the air for a very long time even just on the Skiffy channel. I should have organized my vcr tapes of it, but I didn't. My fault, not Skiffy's.
blush.gif

Are they still showing Dark Shadows?
laugh.gif
I think they have some kind of deal with the devil on that one. I think they have never stopped showing Dark Shadows. But I'd hate to see B5 grow into that kind of a beast.
frown.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back