• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SciFi Channel 2006 Movies and Series

Nothing there that's screaming "Watch me! Watch me!" Looks like tons of superhero, "that's the in thing now" stuff.

Beh!

CE

None of the movies really appealed to me, but one or two of those series sounded promising. I might actually check out an episode or two of Heroes Anonymous just to see where it goes. I might catch 3:52 as well, though I hope it isn't another story about the rapture, I've had enough of shows with religious overtones lately.

Well, you can't tell everything from these little blurbs. For example, JMS' Polaris was passed on because they chose to go with a series about Space Vampires (This sounded awful from a little blurb like this). It's my belief that series about Space Vampires is Stargate Atlantis, because that's the only thing remotely about Space Vampires that has materialized in any way on Scifi Channel.

But, yea, nothing there that screams watch me. I'm likely to check out the stuff by the Farscape guys though.

Yeah a couple of them sounded like they could possibly be good, but they've obviously gone superhero crazy in some form or another.

3:52 could be good if it's arced heavily and not laden with religious crap.

The Micheal Douglas show could be good if it's done along the lines of Poltergeist (the film not the shitty series).

Heroes Anonymous sounds too teenie bopper to me.

Those Who Walk in Darkness could be good if done well.

Urban Arcana sounds like it's not going to be very good (though I do like O'Bannon).

Tommorrow's Child will be crap.

Time Tunnel is a remake of a classic, but I don't have much hope for it.

The movies look, as usual, to be junk.

CE

Some of the TV shows are iffy, but the movies sound horrible.

Wasn't Sci-Fi at one time planning to do a mini-series on The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny? I could have sworn it was announced about a year or two ago, but obviously, it didn't come to pass. I'm thinking now that it may never happen.

Zelazny's Amber universe! Now that's a story I'd be interested in watching!

Time Tunnel is a remake of a classic, but I don't have much hope for it.

So was Battlestar Galactica in the eyes of many, and that worked out pretty well despite all the doomsaying. (Personally I thought the original was crap and the remake a vast improvement, but I know lots of people have a curious emotional attachment to the first version.)

Regards,

Joe

Don't get me wrong, Joe. I have no emotional attachment to the original Time Tunnel...nor any attachment of any kind to be sure.

I just still don't have immense faith in SciFi still, and have my reservations that lightning can strike twice.

Time (ironically) will tell.

CE

Just out of curiosity, what original Sci-fi series are you referring to as the first lightning strike? BG?

Yea, JdM brought up Galactica as being a re-envisioned remake, and CE was expressing his concern that he didn't believe the SciFi Channel would be able to strike gold again by doing the same thing to Time Tunnel.

Sorry, I should have just backread. Well, what turned me around on BG was a certain cat-named boardmember saying it was quite good.

I may have to check it out now, but wonder if I'm a bit late to jump into the current eps.

Well, there are no current episodes. Last Friday they finished up the season. So, if there's an episode tonight, I would imagine it must be episode 1. New Season starts up in july. By all means, yes, hop on board, you'll be happy you did

If they are ending the season, they'll be going in to repeats, right?

During Farscape's prelude-to-finale thingy they repeated the entire series, I think.

As much as I rag on skiffy channel, I'll give them that: when interest might be growing for a product they do tend to repeat in prelude to the newest offering. Did the same thing with their Dune miniseries (which I liked, by the way).

Any idea when a prelude for the 'BG-come-lately' crowd might be?

Gosh Hyp, a little bit busy grading papers today? :p

Episode 1 is tonight, as mentioned to be possible in the last post. (I looked it up, it is on tonight)

Oh, sorry. For some odd reason I just didn't think, and I di dread your post. :eek:

Tonight, I'll have to see when BG plays here. Although I had plans for tonight I could tape it. Plus if you can count on sci-fi channel for anything it's repeats. I'd rather do it the Farscape way: just blast it to me as a repeated stream. I'll miss some eps when at work, but will tape most and watch most and get caught up in a marathon session. :)

Yea, JdM brought up Galactica as being a re-envisioned remake, and CE was expressing his concern that he didn't believe the SciFi Channel would be able to strike gold again by doing the same thing to Time Tunnel.

Exact-a-mundo! I could be wrong, but Sci-Fi's series have had more misses than hits historically. I'm certain some of these new shows will be low-budg, style, badly acted offerings that will cause me to quickly change the channel.

Again, I could be wrong and will admit as much freely if I am. ;)

CE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back