• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lochley and Zoe- thoughts please!

I'll have to admit you're right, Joe. When I first read this thread, I immediately thought I dislike Lochley and Zoe so much, that only some hot girl-on-girl action could interest me in them.

Ahem! Do you think you lot could restrain your filthy little minds and make and attempt at staying on topic here? :eek: ;) For your information, you happen to be mucking up an innocent teenage mind. :D Anyways, I've been thinking about what to have them being on. How about this? Zoe said they liked to "party" but I was thinking they would get into a vicious circle of the party stuff then something to mellow them down again. (In case you're wondering how I know all this, it's just that the Drugs Ed. programme at school doesn't beat about the bush.) So how about stolen metazine and modified stims when they can get them, and their 21st century illegal equivalents when they can't? (By the way, to the Moderator, if you deem this post inappropriate I apologise.)

For your information, you happen to be mucking up an innocent teenage mind.

Around here, saying that isn't going to stop people. It's only going to encourage them. *Looks pointedly towards Markas*

Besides, the teenage mind is inherently corrupt; the "innocent" ones are those who are simply still in denial about this.

Well, my take on it is that Lochley came from a very strict family. Her father was in the military, if I remember correctly. She was rebelling hardcore. So, my guess is that her choice of drug would probably be something that allowed her to escape the discipline and control, something that allowed her to let go.

The first thing that comes to mind is something like ecstasy. It makes you a very social person, lovey, happy, touchy-feely. Some like to have sex while on it, but most people just like to touch and hug, etc.

Lochley coming from a background like the one she was in, perhaps there wasn't a lot of hugging and touching and outward displays of affection.

That's one idea.

The other idea is that she pretty much did whatever came along. If it was bad, she did it, totally going against anything and everything her father ever taught her or wanted for her. The worse the substance, the better it was for her rebellion.

Are you a perv Jade? :p :LOL:

I don't think so, but I'll admit that about the only things I still consider perverted are sex with children, animals, or the dead. I guess I could add politicians and priests to that. What I said was semi tongue in cheek, mostly because I have no other place to put it, at the moment. ;)

I'd imagine there is a plethora of illegal drugs available by the time of B5. With all the smuggling and alien tech and all. From the other exisodes it seems that the big thing is "dust," so I'd guess that Zoe and Lochley were heavily into that. As well as anything else they could get their hands on. The drug culture tends to cross-breed.

But dust appears to have been a comparatively recent big technical development of the Psi Corps (based on Bester's dialog at the end of Dust to Dust). Lochley's "wild days" with Zoe would have been approximately 20 years before she came to B5. I actually kinda doubt that dust was out on the street yet at the time that we are talking about.

Plus, Dust was used to give mundanes Teep powers, so, I didn't see Dust as being a recreational drug, personally.

It appeared that some people considered the "roller coaster ride through someone else's mind" (or whatever tht exact phrase was) to be a recreational drug experiance.

Nah, personally I don't like the idea of them using Dust. I think there was evidence in the ep "Dust to Dust" that it can cause lony term pschological damage, possibly insanity with regular use. I think that if they used Dust, Lochely wouldn't be mentally okay now. Maybe I could have them try it once, but that's about it. And besides, Bester says at the end of the ep that the Corps had been working on Dust for 3 years (I think). It wasnt invented in the Zoe days. And by the way, the line is: "...you just go for a joyride in somebody's mind."

I was a military brat like Lochley. My family moved over a dozen times before I turned 18. She could have been living anywhere. The San Diego Wasteland is as good a guess as any.

Talking about drugs, I've always assumed that Zoe killed herself with heroin, or its 23rd century equivalent. It's the kind of drug that would make their sordid life bearable -- or "fun," as Zoe put it. Other possible drugs, taken from B5 fanfic, are Shine (a stimulant) and Paxion (a depressant).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back