• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

I've started rewatching "Lost" from the beginning and I found something interesting in the sixth episode of Season 1. In this episode Jack found a dead body of a man, who died at least 40-50 years ago and guess what he found in his pocket:

Two pieces for backgammon. Does this remind you of something?

Pilot2backgammon.jpg

Is this Locke's body? Who knows?! This show is like a Sherlock Holmes book. :)

Attachments

• Lost.1x06.House.Of.The.Rising.Sun[(018956)23-45-18].JPG
    Lost.1x06.House.Of.The.Rising.Sun[(018956)23-45-18].JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Lost.1x06.House.Of.The.Rising.Sun[(020008)23-46-33].JPG
    Lost.1x06.House.Of.The.Rising.Sun[(020008)23-46-33].JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Lost.1x06.House.Of.The.Rising.Sun[(020132)23-44-04].JPG
    Lost.1x06.House.Of.The.Rising.Sun[(020132)23-44-04].JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
I've started rewatching "Lost" from the beginning and I found something interesting in the sixth episode of Season 1. In this episode Jack found a dead body of a man, who died at least 40-50 years ago and guess what he found in his pocket:

Two pieces for backgammon. Does this remind you of something?

Pilot2backgammon.jpg

Is this Locke's body? Who knows?! This show is like a Sherlock Holmes book. :)

Actually, it was a man and a woman, wasn't it (Referred to as Adam and Eve)? There's been lots of speculation as to who they are (Kate/Jack, Kate/James, Penny/Desmond, The DeGroots...). Supposedly when they do give out that reveal, it's supposed to prove they have always known where they were going with the series (they just didn't neccessarily know how they were getting there)

To add to your theory, there was Claire's dream in S1 where Locke had one white and one black eye, as well.

Supposedly when they do give out that reveal, it's supposed to prove they have always known where they were going with the series (they just didn't neccessarily know how they were getting there)

I wanted to comment on this. My belief about how this show has been run is this:

On a MACRO level, they have always known where the show was going. There are a LOT of consistencies over the seasons.
On a MICRO level, there have definitely been times where they had no idea what they were doing or where they were going. Season 2 is a good example of this. :)

They had a good high level plan and ending, they had some ideas and concepts, but in the microlevel details they didnt always have answers for questions they may have raised or specfics for characters and the like. However, they have done a good job these last two seasons and the attention to detail has been good. They just stumbled a bit on the micro level after the first season.

I need to admit that two years ago I thought that "Lost" was nothing more than a teenage cult TV show like "Orange County" for example, without any depth and meaning. It looked like "Survivor" with a script and the mysteries didn't look scientifically explainable. For a B5 fan like me this would be enough to stop watching it.

But the last two seasons really started explaining things in a logical and scientific way( time travel couldn't exactly be categorized as science, but it's thoretically possible, same as wormholes). At some point I realised that I've become a big fan of the series and can't wait for Thursday to come (there is one day delay in Eastern Europe).

The continuity of "Lost" is really good and I thing that at the end it's going to surpise even spoiled B5 fans like us. :)

Last edited:
I wanted to comment on this. My belief about how this show has been run is this:

On a MACRO level, they have always known where the show was going. There are a LOT of consistencies over the seasons.
On a MICRO level, there have definitely been times where they had no idea what they were doing or where they were going. Season 2 is a good example of this. :)

They had a good high level plan and ending, they had some ideas and concepts, but in the microlevel details they didnt always have answers for questions they may have raised or specfics for characters and the like. However, they have done a good job these last two seasons and the attention to detail has been good. They just stumbled a bit on the micro level after the first season.

I agree, and you said it so much better than I did, LOL

3 shows I'm currently watching that are ending soon: Lost, BSG and Friday Night Lights. And as it stands, I don't care how FNL ends too much, it seems like there's nothing Lost can do that would disappoint me (within reason- if it's all a dream I'm fire-bombing ABC studios), and it seems like there's nothing BSG can do that won't disappoint me.

I watched BSG because it's sci-fi which obviously I dig. I watched FNL 'cause it's about football. These two shows, while having fans obviously, interested me naturally. Lost, on the other hand, was just a bandwagon I jumped on because it was the Cool Thing To Watch and everybody was talking about it and I got curious (like Heroes). Would never have checked it out on my own.

I'm surprised to find myself, at this point enjoying Lost more than any other show.

I'm surprised to find myself, at this point enjoying Lost more than any other show.

Me too.

Only, it's starting to annoy me a little that Sawyer, Juliet and Jin were in the Dharma Initiative now. Things are just going across the "War Without End" line a little too far. Maybe they'll pull it off. I have my apprehensive hat on at the moment.

Me too.

Only, it's starting to annoy me a little that Sawyer, Juliet and Jin were in the Dharma Initiative now. Things are just going across the "War Without End" line a little too far. Maybe they'll pull it off. I have my apprehensive hat on at the moment.

I wonder if you go back to the Ben flashback episode where he first came to the island, if there is any mention of LeFleur. Would be pretty cool. Sadly no LOST this week.

I need to rewatch some of these, that's for sure. I know the G4 channel replays them sometimes, but they're a bit out of order from what I've seen.

I need to rewatch some of these, that's for sure. I know the G4 channel replays them sometimes, but they're a bit out of order from what I've seen.

I think SciFi Channel plays 4 in a row on Monday nights, at least they were not too long ago. G4, I thought they played several times a day, and the following day at the same time was the next one in line? So, yea, if you watch it at 1pm and then again at 5pm, you may not get them in line, but, if you watch at 1pm everyday (or whatever time) you'll get them in a row?

Doesn't matter to me, I purchased S1 and S2 box sets, and then have been recording to DVD each episode as it airs, so I have S3, 4, and all of 5 so far, recorded onto DVD :D

Last edited:
Jin's use or non-use of English? (hahaha)

I dunno. I think:

Season 1: intro
Season 2: hatch
Season 3: others
Season 4: Juliette
Season 5: time travel

My prediction: Juliette is going to bite it this season. Then it will just go back to the Sawyer/Kate/Jack triangle again. Boooooring.

I agree. I like Juliette. She's awesome. Sometimes I get tired of Kate whining and waffling around. I just want her to stop looking stupid and do something assertive w/o being all EMO about it.

Juliette would put a cap in someone's ass w/o thinking, refuse to apologize and look so hot doing it.

However there's something about Juliette that really bugs me. Am I crazy or does she always look like she's examining everyone, like their lab rats. She just comes off as really smug and arrogant.

Doyou mean by the manner in which she has a habit of cocking her head to the side and gently staring intently at a person when they are talking.

I kinda find that cute.

However there's something about Juliette that really bugs me. Am I crazy or does she always look like she's examining everyone, like their lab rats. She just comes off as really smug and arrogant.

Smug and arrogant is hot in Juliette. She can get away with that, too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back