• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'Kar's Best Quotes

Truth_Seeker

Regular
Londo's Best Quotes is an amusing thread so I decided to start one about G'Kar's most memorable lines as well.Here are some of the best:

"Your heart is empty, Mollari.Did you know that?"

Londo:"We should've wiped out your kind when we had the chance."
G'Kar:"What happened? Run out of small children to butcher?"

"Our thoughts form the Universe.They always matter"

(G'Kar to Londo)"You picked a terrible moment in your social evolution to develop principles. Perhaps you can start with something simpler, the moral equivalent of the opposable thumb, for instance."

Last edited:
The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice.
The language is not Narn or Human or Centauri or Gaim or Minbari.

It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust.
It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion.
It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul.
But always it is the same voice.

It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us.
And the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born.
It is the small, still voice that says we are One.

No matter the blood, no matter the skin,
No matter the world, no matter the star,
We are One.
No matter the pain, no matter the darkness,
No matter the loss, no matter the fear.
We are One.

Here, gathered together in common cause
We agree to recognize this singular truth and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another.

Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us,
And each voice lost diminishes us.
We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future.

We are One.

To me it's gotta be what G'Kar says to Londo in the last episode of season 2 where Londo informs the council that because Narn is now a protectorate of the Centauri Empire and because G'Kar is part of the former government of Narn he is no longer allowed to serve as ambassador to the council. ;)

To me it's gotta be what G'Kar says to Londo in the last episode of season 2 where Londo informs the council that because Narn is now a protectorate of the Centauri Empire and because G'Kar is part of the former government of Narn he is no longer allowed to serve as ambassador to the council. ;)

I think the last thing G'Kar said to the Council as an ambassador was:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand."

Just great!

"It's all here, in these pages. I have tried to write down what I have seen. It may take the rest of my life to explain what I saw in that one singular instant. To save our people, we must sacrifice our people, sacrifice ourselves, pride our vengeance, be willing to die by the thousands, by the millions. For one another. The more we fight for ourselves, the more we will lose ourselves. We are linked, Ta'Lon. Our fate is like an image caught in a mirror. If we deny the other, we deny ourselves. And we will cease to exist."

i had to go looking for that one.

I think the last thing G'Kar said to the Council as an ambassador was:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand."

Just great!

Yep, that's part of it! And I like how he finishes it with "We will be free!" ;)

There are lots of great G'Kar quotes, but that one is hard to beat.

The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice.
The language is not Narn or Human or Centauri or Gaim or Minbari.

It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust.
It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion.
It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul.
But always it is the same voice.

It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us.
And the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born.
It is the small, still voice that says we are One.

No matter the blood, no matter the skin,
No matter the world, no matter the star,
We are One.
No matter the pain, no matter the darkness,
No matter the loss, no matter the fear.
We are One.

Here, gathered together in common cause
We agree to recognize this singular truth and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another.

Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us,
And each voice lost diminishes us.
We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future.

We are One.

But we can't be free, till we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be. Laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom.

Another of my favorite G'Kar moments is in The Long Night when he refuses to take charge of his world. It was not quite as powerful as his "No dictator..." bit but I think it is an excellent way of showing just how far he had come from season 1. (For example, compare what G'Kar says in The Long Night with what he said in Signs and Portents.

One of my favorite G'Kar's quotes was when he and londo where trapped together and after having a fustrating conversation with G'Kar, londo say, "I hate my life!!!" G'Kar chimes in, "So don't we!!!" If I remember correctly.:devil:

Last edited:
One of my faves from first-season G'Kar:

"The humans have an expression, 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' I believe they stole it from us."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back