• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

05-06-05 Enterprise (Lead-in to Finale) SPOILERS

Recoil

Regular
Another solid episode.

The anti-alien group plot reminded me of the Homeguard from B5, but lets face it, that concept not only belongs in just about any sci-fi, but in the future if we make contact, those type of people will surface for sure.

I thought it was well done, and makes me wonder where they are going with the Vulcan/Human baby thing.

What I REALLY like about this season, are all the suttle references to classic Trek. The Colonel Green speech that Peter Wellers character was watching was another great classic TOS reference.

This season really is what the first should have been...

I've only caught a few episodes here and there since the third season. I wasn't particularly pleased with the quality of the episodes and such. From what I've heard this past season has been pretty good.

How many episodes are left before the finale, and when will it air? I want to catch maybe the last few episodes just to see how it ends.

Re: 05-06-05 Enterprise (Lead-in to Finale) SPOILE

There was this week's episode, next Friday's conclusion to the two-parter, and the finale. So 2 more.

I was unimpressed. It was great to see the Mayor again (the line about exorcising his own demons was inspired), but the villians seem to have a plot that Doctor Evil would call overly elaborate, and the story just seemed so telegraphed. Plus I now know why they never give the helmsman any lines, he and his ladyfriend had an amusing "who here can be more boring" contest going.

Oh, and only an asshole like Archer would actually order his crew to applaud more.

Thanks. I'm assuming it's still on Friday nights? What time and station is it on? Is it still UPN?

Yeah, Enterprise is on UPN Friday 8 pm eastern.

I missed this week's episode; I'm not sure yet if I even care about having missed it, sadly.

Oh, and only an asshole like Archer would actually order his crew to applaud more.

Did you understand why he ordered them to applaud more? They were disgruntled that Archer, and the Enterprise were not being recognized, so he was trying to get them to be more polite, and sporting. After all, they are about to form the Federation.

I thought it was a good ep, and am very curious to see how they will account for the Vulcan/Human baby!

I don't know why NONE of them brought up the rather obvious concept of stolen DNA used to concieve a child without their consent.

But it was a good litle episode. The cliff hanger was kinda weak, but not TOO bad.

That was my first thought, too, 2a. That this was quite likely either a test-tube baby or one born of a surrogate mother.

I don't mind when writers aren't science experts, but it would be nice if they didn't have plot holes quite that large in their stories.

Other than that it was an alright episode. But at this point I wonder how much the show was really good and how much it's a matter of how lowered my expectations have become.

I thought the finale was next week? They showed the previews for it. Odd...

I think I heard the finale will be shown in a 2-hour block. Yes, I think it's next week's episode, so I'll miss it for certain. Graduation night and all that rot.

Someone, let me know if it's as terrible as a certain actress has said it's going to be. :eek:

Blalock called it "appalling", and Billingsley said "Many things about this episode seem somewhat flaccid and dramatically arbitrary". So, take what you may from that.

Did you understand why he ordered them to applaud more? They were disgruntled that Archer, and the Enterprise were not being recognized, so he was trying to get them to be more polite, and sporting.

They were being polite, but just not enough for Archer. Whatever, the man has no credibility to dictate diplomacy, this is the guy that pissed off an entire race because of his dog.

Ooo, did I miss a good dog episode? What did Porthos (sp?) do? :D

Ok so here is my question. I've heard from many people that the finale will be "terrible" "disappointing" and a "huge letdown" from the rest of this season.

If Coto has done so well in this 4th season, why will this finale be such and abomination? Why wouldn't he give it the great ending it deserves?

It is my understanding that Coto didn't do the final episode, but instead B & B asserted their Executive Producer credits to come in and do it themselves being that it was the last episode.

Ooo, did I miss a good dog episode? What did Porthos (sp?) do? :D

I'm referring to one of Enterprise's worst episodes, possibly one of the worst Star Trek episodes ever (We're talking Spock's Brain bad), "A Night In Sickbay", where Archer's dog gets sick, and Archer spends most of the episode fretting over whether or not he has feelings for T'Pol.

If Coto has done so well in this 4th season, why will this finale be such and abomination? Why wouldn't he give it the great ending it deserves?

He didn't write it, Berman and Braga wrote it. They call it a "valentine to the fans".

I'm referring to one of Enterprise's worst episodes, possibly one of the worst Star Trek episodes ever (We're talking Spock's Brain bad)

Wouldn't say that really :D .. A Night in Sickbay was .. painful to watch really. Spock's Brain is a true joy every time :D It really couldn't be bad in a more entertaining way :D

:LOL:

Ah, I see. Well, I do admit I look forward to coming home from graduation tired, bored for a day's and night's worth of meetings and formalities to read what people have posted about it.

Bye, bye Enterprise.

Other than that it was an alright episode. But at this point I wonder how much the show was really good and how much it's a matter of how lowered my expectations have become.

I was somewhat selfaware of this too, I'm afraid. I felt like it was an ok episode compared to the series itself, yet it really is not something I would have sat through if it were not for the heritage of the show and the personally prefered actors and actresses.

Personally, while I wondered why no one thought of surrogate motherhood and stolen DNA and eggs, etc, for making the baby, I still thought the ep was fun and in the vein of old Trek, which is what I've come to expect from Coto.

This season has been stellar, the best since TNG IMO.

As for next week, there will be the one hour conclusion to the Xenophobe two parter and then the one hour B&B fiasco of a conclusion to the series, with...yes...none other than Riker and Troi guest starring to lead us through a history lesson-type episode! Excuse me while I throw the FUCK UP! :mad:

I'm insulted! I wish B&B would drop off the face of the planet and LEAVE TREK ALONE! :mad: They have almost single handedly destroyed one of the most beloved SF universes in history. They can go now...really.

My one hope that arises from the cancellation of ST:ENT is that it will release B&B from their contracts and Paramount will tell them where to go take a leap.

If ST is revived, I hope Coto and perhaps even JMS are called upon to take the reigns.

As for the next movie...don't hold your breath. It looks like a last ditch effort by Berman to stay in power, but it also appears that Paramount wants nothing of it. The producers are newbies with terrible backgrounds, mostly in TV. Looks like Berman is trying to do what the producers of TMoS were doing...trying to raise the funds on his own, because Paramount's not giving a dime to him.

While ENT. will end with a classic B&B whimper, the last season will have been wonderful! And to Manny Coto, my deepest and most heartfelt thanks for making TREK feel like TREK one more time before the end.

CE

I thought it was announced repeatedly that there were no plans for now for any movie. What is the last ditch effort you refer to?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back