• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB 50th Aniversary $50 DVD rebate

Well, I have no way of telling whether or not they've been there since the beginning of the year or not. That thought had crossed my mind though, that they still may be old sets.

I thought that maybe the online vendors would have them, but I didn't think they would have that information available. Thanks for the info, both of you. I'll look into it over the weekend.

So this offer is good for about a year and a half? That's a long time.

**Tips cap to Koshfan**

That was kind of what I figured on for the string attached to this offer. I tried to find such a link at Amazon once before, but I failed to do so. Well done.

Still, it is at least 5 dollars off of one purchased set if you have one you are certain you would buy soon anyway.......

**Tips cap to Koshfan**

Er, I'm KoshN (Member #964 ) not KoshFan (Member #1853). KoshFan didn't post in this thread. Just setting the facts straight. We Vorlons like order. ;)

Whoh....sorry about THAT.......shows how much time I've been spending in the Off Topic area......... :rolleyes:

Well, regardless of the handle hallucination, the action was yours, the credit is yours, and my thanks is to you. ;)

I seem to have added a "fa" in there that was not there, talk about reality being a three edged sword......... :eek:

[Kosh]
Presumption
[/Kosh]

**Renews commitment to the Lords of Order**

I think they are sticking pretty strongly to complete TV seasons, and they are probably calling the B5 movie set something other than a complete TV show season. ;)

Whoh....sorry about THAT.......shows how much time I've been spending in the Off Topic area......... :rolleyes:

Well, regardless of the handle hallucination, the action was yours, the credit is yours, and my thanks is to you. ;)

I seem to have added a "fa" in there that was not there, talk about reality being a three edged sword......... :eek:

[Kosh]
Presumption
[/Kosh]

**Renews commitment to the Lords of Order**

And I thought you're comeback would have been "Oh, all you Vorlons look alike." :LOL:

Oh, all you Vorlons look alike.......

Posthumously. :D

All I ever hear is all that heavy breathing......how is a person supposed to tell you guys apart???

Oh, all you Vorlons look alike.......

Posthumously. :D

All I ever hear is all that heavy breathing......how is a person supposed to tell you guys apart???

Don't forget the musical notes.

Next thing you'll be saying you couldn't tell Kosh from Ulkesh. Sheesh! :rolleyes: :devil:

[Kosh] To me, Ulkesh always sounded like that wanker, Mr. Burns, on The Simpsons.[/Kosh]

I'd pay good money to here Kosh say the word Wanker......... :LOL:

Frankly I always thought Kosh was more of the James Earl Jones of Vorlon speakers.........Ulkesh, maybe nerdy, nasely, ......hmmmmmm, he IS Mr. Burns!!!!! OMG........ :eek:
:D

Yes, KoshN, thanks for getting back here with the info, and the catch I had missed, before I returned just now. But, I thought that the movie set was included in the offer. I believe it said all B5 sets on their web site, and in my offer form. You only need one set with the offer form, and the receipts for it, and the others, along with their "D" proof of purchase tabs. Sorry about my mistake, thinking you could use any already-purchased sets.

Do you need the receipts for the other 5 sets, or just the recently purchased one with the rebate? I don't have the receipts for all my other sets.

Yes, KoshN, thanks for getting back here with the info, and the catch I had missed, before I returned just now. But, I thought that the movie set was included in the offer. I believe it said all B5 sets on their web site, and in my offer form. You only need one set with the offer form, and the receipts for it, and the others, along with their "D" proof of purchase tabs. Sorry about my mistake, thinking you could use any already-purchased sets.

My exact response was "Fifty bucks! <Thumbs up> Yeah!....Oh crap!"

Do you need the receipts for the other 5 sets, or just the recently purchased one with the rebate? I don't have the receipts for all my other sets.

Receipts for all of the sets you're using and they have to have been purchased after Jan. 1, 2005. :(

Mmmmmmmmm, YEAH,.........minor detail.

There are no coincidences in life......... :(

Some reward they are having for folks having spent roughly $80 a piece on each season of B5.

I just got Macgyver season 1 for a very reasonable $30 bucks. Paramount, not WB, not surprisingly.........

I just rechecked the wbtvondvd site, and it says any complete season set, so, I guess the movie set doesn't qualify. Sorry. :( :eek:

Mmmmmmmmm, YEAH,.........minor detail.

There are no coincidences in life......... :(

Some reward they are having for folks having spent roughly $80 a piece on each season of B5.

I just got Macgyver season 1 for a very reasonable $30 bucks. Paramount, not WB, not surprisingly.........

It's not a reward for those who have already bought WHV season sets (except those who have bought since Jan. 1, 2005). It's just a way to coax people to buy more, ...to bring in more money to WHV.

Other reasonably priced Sesson sets:

Stargate SG-1, MGM, ~$55.

Still the B5 sets aren't priced all that high. Just look at the Farscape and Trek season sets, and Trek's from Paramount.

Actually Farscap, isn't so bad in the new Starburst collection that is being released. They are split up to 3 volumes per season (Volume 1 and 2 of Season 1 are already released, Volume 3 in mid March) and are only about $17-18. So, for a full season, it's about $54.00 if you start collecting the Starburst editions as they come out.

Actually Farscape, isn't so bad in the new Starburst collection that is being released. They are split up to 3 volumes per season (Volume 1 and 2 of Season 1 are already released, Volume 3 in mid March) and are only about $17-18. So, for a full season, it's about $54.00 if you start collecting the Starburst editions as they come out.

Good. It used to be about $127/season, right?

$54/season in Starburst edition? Better transfers? How are they doing it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back