B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 18th 11, 20:20   #81
Demonn
First One

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

SO... I picked up the first book. Not too far in yet but I gotta say the switching back and forth between characters isn't really bothering me & I normaly hate that.

As far as the show goes I'm gonna probably have to wait for DVD to watch it...
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th 11, 14:06   #82
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
SO... I picked up the first book. Not too far in yet but I gotta say the switching back and forth between characters isn't really bothering me & I normaly hate that.
Its used heavily in modern genre fiction and Martin is acknowledged as a master of it. He uses it to create high levels of suspense in later books. You may find it infuriating down the line. Its the reason I read these books at x2 the pace of anything else.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 17, 16:20   #83
Demonn
First One

So... however long ago this was I bought the 1st 3 books and after book 1 proceeded to only read Jon Snow chapters. I had planned on going back and rereading everything when somebody told me what happened with Jon at the end of the last book... so, I stopped reading, and did not bother getting into the show.

Years later... somebody at work asked me if I watch GoT, and I told him why I don't. The conversation had taken place after season 5... so then after season 6 started the guy from work told me about how somebody was not dead and then I binge watched all 6 seasons... and I want a dragon.

Season 7 starts in July folks...
Old May 21st 17, 04:10   #84
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I never did see Season 2 of the show, due to my HBO connection (i.e. my buddies) moving out of town. I did eventually get some of Season 3, so I think the last thing I saw was the Red Wedding. This means -- as I pointed out to a buddy -- that people who only came in with the series got the answer to "Who are Jon's parents?" before I did, despite me waiting on that answer for… 18 years?

I dunno. I got a little disenchanted with this series… I even sold my books when I had to move.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd 17, 21:24   #85
Looney
Ambassador

I love it. My mother loves it. My father loves it. My cousins love it. My aunt loves it. Most of my friends love it. Having said all this only a few of my friends have read the books, but they love the show and the books. I've never read the books. I have read most of the first book, but like most books I read I put it down once, get busy, and never pick them up again. Can't wait for July.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd 17, 15:11   #86
Demonn
First One

I just want to see an official reversed House Stark banner for Jon somewhere... then I can wait patiently to watch.
Old May 24th 17, 16:52   #87
Looney
Ambassador

So my mother just found out her husband canceled HBO. He tried to use them getting Netflix as an excuse and told her she would have to wait and watch it on there. As you can imagine his ignorance was not an adequate defense.
Old May 24th 17, 17:28   #88
Demonn
First One

She can watch scenes on Youtube... for FREE. It just gets confusing because you don't know what order anything is in. I'm a pirate GoT watcher... aarrr.
Old May 26th 17, 13:34   #89
Looney
Ambassador

HA! You should see how she reacted when the trailer came out. She knows I won't watch it and I can tell she is just waiting for me to leave to watch it herself.
Old May 29th 17, 17:00   #90
Demonn
First One

I'm hoping a Dragon drops on the palace, then roasts, and eats Queen Cersei while she's sitting on the Iron Throne... and yes, the D in "Dragon" should ALWAYS be capitalized. We must not upset or offend them.

Last edited by Demonn; May 29th 17 at 17:28.