B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 10th 17, 17:38   #1
Jan
Psi Cop

RIP Doug Netter

John Copeland posted this to his Facebook page this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Copeland
I have some sad news to share with all of you Babylon 5 fans out there. Doug Netter, our fearless leader and executive producer of B5 has passed away and gone beyond the Rim. Doug lived a long an full life and was a driving force behind the series. It was thanks to Doug's tireless efforts that ensured that B5 got a fifth season, even though it meant moving to TNT. He didn't have much give up in him. He was a terrific cheerleader for those who worked with him and he a never afraid to learn new things. It was in large part to his enthusiasm that B5 even made it to the screen.
So far I haven't seen anything in Variety or the Hollywood Reporter but I'm pretty sure Mr. Copeland's a reliable source.

RIP Mr. Netter, and thanks for all you did.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th 17, 21:56   #2
Sinclair

Re: RIP Doug Netter

That is sad news. Luckily, his memory will forever live on through one of the greatest television shows of all time.
Old May 11th 17, 04:07   #3
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
That is sad news. Luckily, his memory will forever live on through one of the greatest television shows of all time.
Amen to that. Like I said over on JMS News. 95 is a ripe old age, but I am REALLY sad I'll never get a chance to have a conversation with him about Babylon 5.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st 17, 17:19   #4
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas

That is sad news. It doesn't matter that he was quite old when he died. It is just one more death in a long line of people from our beloved series that has passed, mostly WAY too soon.

I didn't find any "news" sites with information on his death, but here is something from legacy.com.

RIP, President Netter.
Old May 22nd 17, 01:06   #5
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markas View Post
I didn't find any "news" sites with information on his death, but here is something from legacy.com.

RIP, President Netter.
John Copeland posted this:
Quote:
John Copeland
May 15 at 8:41am
Many of you asked for me to let you know about a memorial or life celebration for Doug Netter. There are no plans for any. Doug was a very private person and the family decided that was the best way to honor him.
I suggest you enjoy the memories you may have and lift a glass in his honor. And if it is a vodka martini with at least three olives, Doug will be smiling.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote