• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

Oh all those French people just look all the same to you, you racist.

Were they all wearing white shirts with blue horizontal stripes, berets, and a string of onions dangling round their neck? Is that why they all looked the same?:LOL::p:devil:

*Runs away and hides very fast*

Fun as this show is, is there ANY chance we will discover why everyone needs to return to the island?

I never thought that Mrs. Hawking would turn out to be Faraday's mother and why didn't Desmond make a comment to her about seeing her through his flashes?

If Ben killed Penny, I'm gonna put a hit out on Abrams.

Ditto!

Anyone dares disrupt Desmond's thoroughly deserved and hard earned happiness will feel the full effects of my incessant fiery wrath.

And my work colleague has been off due to half term so I'm a week behind!:klingon:

My favorite line from Mrs Hawking was when she told us "oh don't worry about how silly this is"

I mean I can only presume she was REALLY speaking to the audience

My favorite line from Mrs Hawking was when she told us "oh don't worry about how silly this is"

I mean I can only presume she was REALLY speaking to the audience

I felt the EXACT same way. That it was a message to the audience more than Jack. Still. It all was pretty silly.

As for Ben getting "sidetracked" since the first episode when he told that dude that since he killed Ben's daughter, that Ben was going to kill his. So I pretty much figured it was inevitable since then.

I have a wild theory about the essence of the island.

I think that the island is located over a powerful source of gravity, like a small black hole for example.

We know that according to Einstein massive objects in the Universe (stars or black holes) have the ability to bend normal space. This phenomenon makes the planets rotate around the sun and also makes the stars rotate around the giant black hole in the centre of the galaxy.

We also know that time passes differently in the different corners of the solar system, because the gravitational force is different. Therefore gravity is able to bend not only space, but also time.

I think that this is the big secret of J.J. Abrams and Co. A small black hole in the middle of the ocean makes space and time behave differently. That's why the island is always moving and that's why there is a 35 minutes time difference between the island and the rest of the world.

That's my guess.By the way, I hated physics in high school. ;)

Last edited:
It looks like my theory sounds too crazy for anyone to consider it. ;)

I still hope that at the end of the series there will be some scientific and reasonable answers to everything, not some supernatural nonsense.

Or maybe it's time for me to stop looking for logical explanations in an illogical tv show.

Besides Mrs Faraday's line about silliness, there were two other seemingly illogical but convenient bits of plot device dialogue:

1. Kate refusing to discuss Aaron's disappearance w/ Jack. Unless we find out that someone put a gun to someone's head and said "if you tell Jack..." etc, it felt like a cheap way to add another mystery.

2. Jack refusing to read Locke's note. As if anybody wouldn't rip that thing open immediately, if not for any reason than trying to scrap together every bit of data on this weird situation one could. But no, it had to wait until Ben's dialogue which would best dramatically prepare Jack's character for greatest emotional impact upon finally reading the letter.

Or maybe it's time for me to stop looking for logical explanations in an illogical tv show.

This is more like it.
I think any pseudo-scientific explanations are beside the point. It could be black holes, wormholes, quantum something-or-other, some sort of mystical mumbo-jumbo... it doesn't really matter. Whatever nonsense they come up with will be to service any plots, not provide some reasonable explanation for anything.

In other words, the real explanation for the island: "magic."

Besides Mrs Faraday's line about silliness, there were two other seemingly illogical but convenient bits of plot device dialogue:

1. Kate refusing to discuss Aaron's disappearance w/ Jack. Unless we find out that someone put a gun to someone's head and said "if you tell Jack..." etc, it felt like a cheap way to add another mystery.

Regarding this .. SPOILER FOR NEXT EPISODE COMING

Apparently, this episode and the next episode are interchangable - they both could be viewed either way, wouldn't make a difference. Which to me suggests that the next episode will be this episode all over again, just focusing on other characters. In which case we'd find out who beat up Ben (Sayid!), who made Hurley come (Charlie's Ghost!), who made Sun come, and what happened to Aaron. So it won't be a real new mystery

Best line of the episode

Frank: "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Was an interesting episode. I thought that they would wait a bit longer before putting them back on the Island.

I wonder if they are in the same time frame as when they left.

I wonder if they are in the same time frame as when they left.

I think the appearance of Jin in a Dharma uniform implies they are not.

Unless.... well I suppose Jin could have been living on the island for 16 yrs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back