• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Nineteen Years Ago Today - Sleeping in Light

Jan

Regular
19 years ago today, on Thanksgiving Eve, Sleeping In Light aired. JMS said:
----
Ultimately, for me, the end of B5 is neither a sad ending nor a happy ending; it's not an ending at all, since the universe carries on. But if I were to describe what kind of ending it was, I'd say it was a graceful ending, a dignified ending, an ending that said individuals can effect profound change, if they are willing to put their own lives and happiness on the line; not
happy, not sad, but a testament to the idea that you have used your time here well."
-----

For me, it's the best series end ever.

Jan

Yes, it's still my favorite end to a series, as well. Even shows that I think are better than B5, that I love more, haven't nailed a finale like "Sleeping in Light."

Yes, it's still my favorite end to a series, as well. Even shows that I think are better than B5, that I love more, haven't nailed a finale like "Sleeping in Light."

HOW DARE YOU SAY THERE ARE SHOWS "better than B5"!!!!!!!! :scream: . . . . . :p :guffaw: :LOL: :guffaw: :p

Oh I remember what a depressing night that was..... :(

Beautiful last episode and end indeed to a beautiful series.

Though, as I have mentioned elsewhere, I can hardly bear to re-watch Sheridan’s parting scene from Delenn, it breaks my heart every time..

I never saw another series the meant as much to me. Nothing like it has ever been made since, either. It really was an amazing, glorious event in science fiction television history.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back