• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Will We Ever See The Rest of Crusade?

I lost the X files because nothing was ever solved.

It seems to me that if Rangers goes well Scifi has postitioned themselves perfectly to snatch up Crusade.

------------------
Bus
"The pink ones keep ya from screamin'." Grandpa

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Look, there are basically only two kinds of TV show: arc-shows and non-arc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, by bringing up the X-Files, you get a third type - shows that have an ongong storyline, but no preplanned arc. Sometimes it works (Stargate, Buffy), and sometimes it turns into an incoherent mess (X-Files).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Actually, by bringing up the X-Files, you get a third type - shows that have an ongoing storyline, but no preplanned arc. Sometimes it works (Stargate, Buffy), and sometimes it turns into an incoherent mess (X-Files).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem with X-File is that Chris Carter admitted that he never expected to get past two or three seasons.
You could say he lacked faith in his own creation.
Or that he was being a realist, Hollywierd being the fickle sort of place it is.

I prefer JMS more Optimistic approach:
The law of averages says most shows get cancelled. But if This Show doesn't, We Have a Plan.
cool.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

I'll be happy to see the unproduced scripts turned into shows, would love to see the Excalibur do all those jumps.But it would be eeven better to see all the series..

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I'll be happy to see the unproduced scripts turned into shows... But it would be even better to see all the series..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the only way the unproduced scripts could be turned into shows is if the series is put back into production. So it isn't an either/or proposition.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
I think if anything is ever done with Crusade, it will be after the Rangers thing is done. If Rangers becomes a series (I think it's safe to say we all want that to happen) then we can assume it will be on for 5 years. If production starts in 2002, then the series will end no earlier than late 2007. If my understanding of the story timeline is correct, the Drakh plague will be cured by the time the Rangers series is over. This will hurt the Crusade story. Also, a Crusade series running at the same time the Rangers series is running will not happen. Only Trek had the clout to try running two series in the same fictional universe concurrently, and decided it didn't work.
Basically, I've come to the conclusion that the development of the Rangers series pretty much killed Crusade. However, if they do Crusade, it won't happen for a long time. By that time, the chances of reassembling the cast and crew will be diminished. The original 13 eps would be scrapped and the show would start over. I actually would like that, I thought those eps were pretty lame.
Another possibility is to show the major events of Crusade in the Rangers series from the point of view of the Rangers, who were working closely with the Excalibur in Crusade. This might mean that the Rangers would be on for more than 5 years. However, no TV series ever manages to come up with more than 5 years of quality programming anyway. The first rule of entertainment is to leave the audience wanting more; JMS was smart not to make a 6th season of B5.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats making a big assumption that Rangers would last five years. it could, but we will have to see.

i am not that impressed by it, but that may change once it is "on the air" and I can get into it. it took about three episodes for me to cotton to b5 and then i got whacked in the second season and almost stopped watching it. i was a sinclair fan and it wasn't easy for me to even accept sheridan let alone learn to actually like him.

ok, i am not a big bruce fan, but that's just me.

I would love to have crusade back, intact, with gideon and crew and jms rested and thinking properly. sci fi needs to dump those stupid scinema movies at nine here, they suck.

arghhhhhh.

octopus played tonight. geez. i want intelligent sci fi. like b5, crusade. i can't get into some of this junk. i mean "first wave"????? even the invisible man has gotten a bit stupid. I am getting into farscape again, but i miss the blue lady.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Not necessarily. There are as many . . .

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must be weird or something, I enjoyed Grey 17 is missing. Not for the stuff that was going on at Grey 17, but for the remainder of the episode, which was pretty danged good.

Now we are back into the Byron episodes. I do not like this character at all. The moment he says that teeps are better with all his anger, he shows you why (big time why) there is an upcoming disaster between normals and teeps.

too bad neither side ever realized that neither one of them was "better", just different and as a result they could not live together in harmony. humans always distrust what they aren't or can't understand. very bad trait in my opinion.

actually when byron explains it is so danged noisy for his kind, makes me feel bad for them, because they can't turn off the teep part of them, and normals can't turn off their emotional, loud brains to stop broadcasting. at least not easily on either side there.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back