• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legend of the Rangers Questions?

My point has been touched on here.The Enfali could of rammed a Raider,destrying one more and depriving the Rangers of a ship and highly trained crew.For the destruction of one more raider this is a futile gesture.

A heavily damaged ship in the midst of battle however could help by ramming another vessel and causing advantage for ones own forces.This is not a futile gesture.

If on recon and you are fired upon then you are in combat.Being forced to fight all such combats to their conclusion would severly hamper any recon missions.

If on recon and you are fired upon then you are in combat.

Not if you don't fire back and just slink away. :)

And not if the Rangers don't define their rules that way. It isn't like we've been given their whole handbook. We're trying to extrapolate from a few clues - and we have no basis for assuming that they define things the way contemporary Western military do.

Regards,

Joe

Another way of saying slink away is run away. ;)

The Rules of Engagement were never really explored during B5.This is what Rangers would of showed us if it had continued.Before seeing it I would never of said refusal to continue forcing combat while having no means of engaging in combat would result in disciplinatory action being taken.It seemed stupid to me but it happened so must be true.

My point has been touched on here.The Enfali could of rammed a Raider,destrying one more and depriving the Rangers of a ship and highly trained crew.For the destruction of one more raider this is a futile gesture.

A heavily damaged ship in the midst of battle however could help by ramming another vessel and causing advantage for ones own forces.This is not a futile gesture.

A heavily damaged, larger and less maneuverable ship like the Enfali trying to ram a single-seat fighter would be a futile and ridiculous gesture. 1.) It's highly unlikely that the maneuver would be successful, and 2.) If it was carried out, it'd be a huge waste of resources (unless the fighter was of unique importance, e.g. carrying someone or something, maybe information, of extremely high importance).

Back