• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B5!

Has it really been 16 years?

I can't believe that I was actually 8 years old when I saw "The Gathering" for the first time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B5!!! :)

Not sure about the "cryptoplanets," but the alleged 2012 apocalypse is a misinterpretation of the Maya Long Count Calendar. Dec. 23rd, or 21st, depending on which correlation you use, is the end of the 13th "Baktun," a period of about 395 solar years. The Maya used a base 20 number system, so the 13th would seem to have no particular significance. However, the last Maya city-state, Tayasal, was not captured by the Spanish until 1697. So, they managed to continue into the 13th Baktun, making it the first Baktun to end without a functioning Maya government. Still, the Maya NEVER predicted that the world would end in Dec. of 2012. They did consider the ending of time cycles, even a solar year, to be a time of death and rebirth. So, instead of an apocalypse, maybe we'll see the Mayan "Age of Aquarius" begin in 2012!

Not sure about the "cryptoplanets," but the alleged 2012 apocalypse is a misinterpretation of the Maya Long Count Calendar. Dec. 23rd, or 21st, depending on which correlation you use, is the end of the 13th "Baktun," a period of about 395 solar years. The Maya used a base 20 number system, so the 13th would seem to have no particular significance. However, the last Maya city-state, Tayasal, was not captured by the Spanish until 1697. So, they managed to continue into the 13th Baktun, making it the first Baktun to end without a functioning Maya government. Still, the Maya NEVER predicted that the world would end in Dec. of 2012. They did consider the ending of time cycles, even a solar year, to be a time of death and rebirth. So, instead of an apocalypse, maybe we'll see the Mayan "Age of Aquarius" begin in 2012!

Cryptoplanet theories includes weird stuff on theoretical planets such as "Nibiru" etc... like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2835QkjzaEQ&feature=related

Well, the Maya were excellent astronomers, especially considering they had no telescopes. They had a more exact calculation of the solar year than we did, up until the 1920s. But, if they ever predicted an astronomical collision, it is long lost to history. We did burn almost all of their codices where such things would have been written.

I remember the 60's: it's the 70's, 80's and 90's that are a little fuzzy.:devil:

But I do remember the struggle that was watching ( and trying to tape; VHS;)) the original B5 first run.:bolian: Schedule changes, weather, mid season network switches:rolleyes: ( of course during the end of the Shadow War:rolleyes:) B5/Crusade actually caused me to leap into the internet.:eek::LOL:

Sweet Sixteen!!! Have a big kiss from me.:cool:

But I do remember the struggle that was watching ( and trying to tape; VHS;)) the original B5 first run.:cool:

You made me think about the way I used to record B5 on VHS.

The local TV channel used to air the series in late night hours, like 23:30 or midnight.I was 8-9 years old and my parents wanted me in bed no later than 22:00, so I tricked them by putting a 3 hour long VHS tape in the video player and recording everything on TV from 22:00 to 1:00 in the morning.

I used to watch the episode on the next day and record the next episode on the same video tape. After 20 or 30 recordings on this tape, you can imagine how bad the quality of the picture was.

It's amazing what a kid would do to watch his favourite show. :)

Last edited:
I had exactly the same thing, excpet I kept them all. A cupboard full of manky old VHS recordings. My favourite episodes were pratically unwatachable. I used to get a new block of tapes for every season.

I just finished replacing them all with the official releases, and the DVDs started coming out... thankfully by that stage I had a job.

I missed B5's birthday? :eek:

It's hard to believe the show first started 16 years ago! Too bad it hasn't been on continously for 16 years. ;)

When Bab5 originally ran I was working 60 hour weeks carrying tons of equipment up extension ladders onto 150* black rubber roofs every day.:drool:
I had arms like Popeye and a polska kielbasa in my pants.:klingon:
Only problem, Red Lion Pa was too red neck an area to see Bab5 until TNT.:confused:
I’m just seeing it now after buying the cheep Chinese set.:vulcan:

Back