• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Narn

Galahad

Regular
Did I hear once in an episode that the Alliance was discussing how to start terraforming Narn to help it recover from the mass driver attack?

I don't know where I got the idea from, but presumably it would be hard to get the particulate matter to settle. It would have been nice to have seen Narn in flash forward, lush and green instead of the desert world we are used to.

Someone should form the NBRA now!

(Narn Botanical Restoration Society)

Fiona Avery's short story "True Seeker", set in 2269, contains the following passages:

Minbari technology had helped Narn clear most of the particulate matter from its atmosphere since the Centauri Mass Driver bombing of 2259. But enough of the dust particles still survived in the sky overhead to serve as a beautiful sunset reminder of recent atrocities.

Alisa remembered that not only had the Minbari used wind-cleansing technology but they had also laced the sky with silver nitrate; forming clouds that were starting to dump rain on the barren Narn Homeworld in seasonal patterns. “I’m not sure the Narn really appreciate rainy seasons much.”

I don't recall a specific reference to this being planned by the Alliance, but it is clearly "canon" that such a project was undertaken. Still, it seems that the days of a green and lush Narn are so far in the future that none of the B5 characters would live to see it, and therefore unlikely it will ever be shown.

Regards,

Joe

man, i would love to see narn before it was torn
"it was all green of course, before the centauri stripped it bare" - or something

it would be a great site to see

Mind you does Earth ever fully recover from the Great Burn, it looks awfully brown and dusty before Sol took it apart!

Thanks, Joe. You just about made me choke on my chicken stir fry. Just when I thought this forum would be safe to look at while eating...

I don't think there are too many topics here that I *don't* see. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I just didn't have anything to add.

Ah, silently lurking. We were all just waiting too see what you'd do/say to Joe. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I don't feel like executing moderators today. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just FYI though... Narns do not taste like chicken. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just didn't have anything to add.

You don't have anything Narnish to share? Are you feeling okay? **Puts a hand to Kribu's forhead.** Here, have two of my salads and PM me in the morning. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back