• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 Themed Board Games!

Galahad

Regular
Seeing as it is the current trend of traditional board game manufacturers to theme new versions of their games around various sci-fi programmes, I was wondering if you thought there were any good ideas for B5 related ones. I got this idea as I am really looking forward to getting the LotR Risk game.

Monopoly:
Purple /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifGreen no Purple /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The Rim, Vorlon Homeworld

Green Sigma 957 Minbar, Minbari Protectorate

Go to Z'Ha'Dum

Yellow Centauri Prime Ragesh 3 and the Centauri conoly in TLTS

Red Earth Mars Proxima 3

Free Parking Babylon 5

Orange Narn Quadrant 37 and other Narn colony

Pink Drazi Homeworld Brakiri Homeworld Gaim Homeworld

Blue Vree Homeworld Hyach Homeworld P'ak'Mara Homeworld

Brown Lumati Homeworld Markab Homeworld

Utilities Telepath Technomage

Station: Epsilon 3, Whitestar Fleet, First One Fleet, Babylon 4

I can see it now Congratulations you have been resurrected by Lorien, collect 10 credits from every player.

As for Risk I have no real experience of the game, so would welcome advice on how to territorise the glalaxy.

Game of Life.
Assume a racial character, and it's races ship instead of car, adding children as you go along as usual, but with typical life events in the B5 universe. At the end instead of a cottage and a mansion, you could retire as an unevolved race or a first one race.

Cluedo:
Dr Black - Mr Morden,
Colonel Mustard - Sheridan
Miss Scarlet - Ivanova
Reverend Green - Marcus, Franklin
Mrs White - Delenn
Professor Plum - Londo
Mrs Peacock - G'Kar

Rooms could include C&C, Zocalo, Down Below, Security, Medlab, the Gallery, Council Chamber, Docking Bay or different homeworlds.

Weapons could include PPG, Poison, Dagger, Steel Pipe, Ranger Pike.

Any thoughts beside locking me up in a very dark secluded room? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not a bad idea for a B5 related board game but unlikely we can't even get a tv series on the air or books for that matter .So I really can't see any of this happening at least not any time soon.I really like the idea though....

For Risk, you would really have to know how the sectors are lined up. In risk you have continents to conquer in B5 you could have "Narn Regime" as one continent and "earth Aliance" as another. And usually there are many regions to conquer in each continent. so you could have "Earth, Mars, Proxima 3, etc..."

Heh, I first played "Clue" last winter and I got the idea of using B5 CCG cards to make a B5 Clue.

As for Risk, the minitures game "Babylon 5 Wars" from Agents of Gaming (I think) has a map that shows positions of systems and territories and the major hyperspace becon routs in between. That could probably be used or modified or just given as an idea for making one up from scratch.

These are great! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How about these ideas:

**Chinese checkers......call it Vorlon checkers
**RW's Salad Bar Game /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
**Instead of Chutes and Ladders for children, call it Transport Tubes and Jumpgates
**Instead of Battleship call it Battlecrab /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
**Make up one called Escape from Z'Ha'dum

Well this post wasn't so much about generating interest in a real project, mores the pity, just really to see what ideas were out there.

Heh how about Vorlon Buckaroo, keep addingplastic icons like ppg guns, links, triluminaries onto Ulkesh's Encounter Suit but be careful, he might Vorlon aroo and lose everything icluding the encounter suit. You could also fo the same of course for a vorlon pinata, and fill it with a squid shaped jelly /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Operation. For this you could use Londo, and have things to remove like both his hearts, a keeper and his tentacles.

Scrabble with the vorlon alphabet.

Subbuteo with different characters from the show. I imagine it would be quite hard to flick the Shadows about on the pitch though! Gosh ever thought how useful it would be to have a first one on your football team. How exactly would you slide tackle a vorlon?

How about Babylon 5 "Twister"? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hmmm. Only if I get to pick which cast members participate. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Babylon 5 Scruples!! -

Q: If you were given the opportunity to conquer Ragesh III, but it would cost you the life of your good, dear friend Garabaldi, would you do it?
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If we had a Centauri version of Operation, it would have to be Cartagia or one of his henchmen doing the operating. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This isn't a board game, but it's an idea as well. Take a bunch of little dominoes of the League World ambassadors and have the Shadows knock them all over.

Recently my son convinced me to buy a board game that actually turns out to be really cool.
It's the Game of Live based on Star Wars subtitled "A Jedi's Path". They adapted it bery well with side path shortcuts that give you Sith dark points. By the end of the game you are varying degrees of Jedi or Sith. Along the path you draw cards for a Jedi Master to train under and building your lightsaber. It really gives you the feel of being in the universe.
It would be extremely easy to adapt it to B5. I know it won't happen, but the concept is in place.
I do know that a very good friend already has a trivial pursuit type B5 game already cobbled together. He did most of the work but we both worked on the questions and the categories of the questions. Alas, due to him being in Ohio and me on the west coast, we've never had a chance to play it.
BTW..what the heck is Subbateo???

Hungry Hungry Londo /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
or
that game where a bunch of tiles with different faces are arranged and you have to pick two that are the same and on the outer edge.

PM, your buddy is in Ohio? As you know, so am I. Where in Ohio is he at? I am in Lake County, just NE of Cleveland. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Subbuteo is a game based on the good old English game of Association Football, or as it is known to the Americans - Soccer. The idea in Subbuteo is that you flick little football player figures around a felt pitch, hoping that they will knock a mini football around until it goes into a goal.

You could have Babylon 5 Top Trumps with the following subject headers.

Influence
Power
Wisdom
Psi Rating

Babylon 5 Chess?

Babylon 5 Vorlon trap, instead of Mouse Trap

B5 Guess Who... does he have a bone on the back of the head flip flip flip flip

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back