• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Trek Online

Galahad

Regular
I've got the game on open beta... feels like there's a lot more bugs in the system than there should be, this close to the proper release... but I'm having a blast.

I've utterly geeked out by getting in early and reserving my character name as "The Doctor" and my ship name as "USS Tardis". I've customised my character to look as much like the 10th as I can make him... brown outer suit (no pinstripe available), blue undershirt, faux mohawk, and red/white converse style shoes:

57542074-0d44c1fd1e52d5534738508f66c1e3ce.4b51178c-full.jpg

I can already hear the purists picking up stones...;)

Wonder if anyone is gonna go B5 with any characters?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to try the beta ... if for no other reason than as much as I want to play the game, I avoid paying subscriptions.

I'm loving it. Still unsure what skill route I'll officially go when the headstart begins, but so far Tactical has been pretty damned fun.

I'm loving it. Still unsure what skill route I'll officially go when the headstart begins, but so far Tactical has been pretty damned fun.

Well I've gone the Engineering route... I tend to like tanking and taking the hits while dishing it out.

Very close to lieutenancy now... I think the next ship up is the Conny :cool:

Look me up if you want I'm The Doctor@Gwalchavad

Bit late now... they accepted reuests for closed beta which I didn't get into... but by preordering the game, Open Beta became available. The deadline has passed i think... :-(

Heheh!

I am now Lieutenant Commander "The Doctor" of the Federation CRUISER USS Tardis

I could have opted for the Constitution look... but this is supposed to be set several years after the future events referred to in the recent film (in the Prime Universe), so I opted for a more futuresque theme.

She kicks butt! I really struggled with some of the end of level bosses in a couple of missions... I then revisited those instances with my new ship and completely mashed them!

Back