• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hot Fuzz

Galahad

Regular
Really enjoyed the film last Saturday... has anyone else seen it?

There was one line that may have been a Babylon 5 reference. Whem Simon Pegg's character (Nicholas Angel) arrives in Sandford and checks into the hotel, the receptionist tells him:

"You have always been here."

It probably isn't a B5 reference because if "Spaced" is anything to go by, Pegg doesn't like B5. (He tells the owner of a memorabilia shop that Babylon 5 is a big pile of s***). Of course it's possible I'm reading too much into that and he was merely randomly referencing any sci-fi series. (He gets fired for verbally abusing kid who likes Jar Jar Binks, and his replacement gets fired for saying Hawk the Slayer is rubbish).

It probably isn't a B5 reference because if "Spaced" is anything to go by, Pegg doesn't like B5. (He tells the owner of a memorabilia shop that Babylon 5 is a big pile of s***). Of course it's possible I'm reading too much into that and he was merely randomly referencing any sci-fi series. (He gets fired for verbally abusing kid who likes Jar Jar Binks, and his replacement gets fired for saying Hawk the Slayer is rubbish).

Yeah. I didn't take from that, that he hates B5. Just something his character knew would rile his boss enough to get him sacked.

Hot Fuzz was a damn funny film though.

The ex-girlfriend at the start (who remains masked throughout) is supposed to be a famous actress, but I couldn't tell who it was and didn't want to wait through the credits just for her name as I thought I could look it up on IMDB. But she's not listed. Anyone got any idea who she is?

Yeah. I didn't take from that, that he hates B5. Just something his character knew would rile his boss enough to get him sacked.

Hot Fuzz was a damn funny film though.

The ex-girlfriend at the start (who remains masked throughout) is supposed to be a famous actress, but I couldn't tell who it was and didn't want to wait through the credits just for her name as I thought I could look it up on IMDB. But she's not listed. Anyone got any idea who she is?

Cate Blanchett

Also the Santa that stabs Angel's hand is played by Peter Jackson

Last edited:
Hot Fuzz hasn't started showing here yet. I did see the trailer before Ghost Rider yesterday, and I can't wait. I loved Shaun of the Dead so Fuzz should be great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back