• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

President Clarke Gets The Last Word

Galahad

Regular
I guess I'm slow on the uptake on this one... but has anyone noticed that the guy who says:

"Babylon 5 is produced by Babylonian Productions inc. and distributed by Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution"

Is the guy who played William Morgan Clarke. What I think is really cool and appropriate, is that they dropped his end voiceover in season 5.

I assumed the voice saying the legal stuff was hired through some union.

How interesting, I never would have guessed that. :cool:

Well ok, I'm not 100%... but it sure sounds like him and it is interesting that he isn't doing it once the Clarke character is goen.

It's because he's the one pulling the strings behind the scenes..

For some reason I'd always thought it was John Copeland, but on reflection I have no reason for believing that whatsoever. It does sound like Clarke. It also sounds horribly, horribly cheesy..

One thing I wanted to know. Does anyone know if the guy seen in Endgame is the actor who played Clarke in his speaking appearances, or is it a body double?

It's because he's the one pulling the strings behind the scenes..

For some reason I'd always thought it was John Copeland, but on reflection I have no reason for believing that whatsoever. It does sound like Clarke. It also sounds horribly, horribly cheesy..

One thing I wanted to know. Does anyone know if the guy seen in Endgame is the actor who played Clarke in his speaking appearances, or is it a body double?

All 4 episodes are credited to the same actor, I checked to see if it might list him as the voice-over. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0570331/

I thought the end voiceover was done by Producer George Johnson (with maybe a contribution from Harlan Ellison - memory is not what it was) ... and in the UK we lost it after season 2 in favour of the WB fanfare.

I think I remember reading somewhere that it was Harlan Ellison. Has anyone tried checking Lurker's?

Well Prez. Clarke obviously found work after Sheridan's coup... there's always a place for a despot in the Bush Administration.

exclarkbar.jpg

:D

I think I remember reading somewhere that it was Harlan Ellison. Has anyone tried checking Lurker's?

It was Ellison on the second season. IIRC, it was not the same person every season though. Season 1 did not have it at all, methinks?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back