• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

GROPOS props

Galahad

Regular
Hello old friends, it's been a while.

I was watching GROPOS the other night on my humble video (can't afford to fork out for the DVD's) :(

Has anyone else noticed that when Franklin's dad is checking out Stephen's quarters, there are a couple of interesting props from season 1 on one of the shelves.

Firstly there appears to be the gloppit egg from Believers.

Of more interest to me however, is the Ikaaran scanning device from Infection. The one that Stephen put in his own medical scanner to analyse. You can see it quite clearly, it's the slightly pinkish one which looks like an inverted G.

I'm sure someone else has brought it up a millioon times, but what do you make of it?

So what happened? Did Franklin swipe it before Earth confiscated the artifacts?

Did he ever work out what it was for, or did he just think it would look cool as a sculpture decorating his room?

I would think that might just be a prop someone decided to reuse. Someone figured nobody would notice, maybe? :)

To be honest, the thought had occurred to me... but I thought I'd add a little intrigue. :devil: ;)

FWIW, in David Gerrold's script, he noted that the Gloppit Egg should become part of Franklin's permanent set dressing. One more example of the level of detail in this show.

Jan

That I can see. But what about the Ikaaran scanning device? That surely would/should have been taken away by the intelligence folks from Earth, right? :confused:

Well, with how Franklin helped to organize the telepath underground railroad and with how he wouldn't turn over his notes on Minbari, it kinda would be in character for him to go against the government and not turned over all of the biotechnology, I think.

Heh, reading the title of this thread I thought it would be about how good the episode was.

This doesn't have anything to do with the props, but it is another interesting facts about the episode:

When General Franklin is in Stephen's quarters, he talks about Stephen's sisters: Juanita, Maria, Celia, and Cathy. When Richard Biggs, the actor who played Dr. Stephen Frankin died last year, I noticed in the online obituary that those are also the names of Biggs's real-life sisters.

I thought that was kind of neat.

I think the General mentions that one of the sisters was about to finish a degree--I think a law degree. I can't help but wonder if that same real-life Biggs sister was also about to finish up that same degree at the time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back