• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: The Paragon Of Animals

Endgame

• Total voters
You can count me among those who hate Byron. Which isn't to say I think it's a badly written character. Just that I hate the character. He's not a nice guy. And that's OK, not all characters have to be "nice". It's just that there's so annoyingly much of him. I think it's the arrogance that bothers me most of all. Not just his whole "mundanes are so inferior" attitude, but .. everything about him. The randomly quoting Shakespeare stuff ... (I watched with someone who yelled "Shakespeare was a mundane!" at the TV during this bit. I laughed). I'm also with Estelyn in that his apparent attitude towards the women in his little group squicks me out. He appears to be quite receptive to their adulation, in true cult-leader fashion. It's creepy and gross.

Babylon 5 is always interesting in this way ... The human telepaths clearly have some valid issues that all of us mundane viewers can sympathize with. And then we have this arrogant ass as a champion of the telepath cause, going about it all wrong, too.

Yes. But for me, the "mundanes are inferior and teeps are so much better" is very high on my "5 most annoying things about Byron" list. Arrogance, superiority, womanizing, condescension, general creepiness and overall unappealingness (if that's even a word...). He's probably supposed to be this charismatic leader-type but I'm just not feeling it. I don't know if it's the fault of the actor or the way Byron was written. I'm just not getting what's so special about him. Maybe I feel like this because for my taste, Byron is a bit too melodramatic. I find it really hard to watch, the more so as I don't even find the actor at all appealing to watch.
That said, I don't *hate* Byron. The whole teep storyline seems quite nicely ominous and Byron fits in well.

Estelyn said:
I don't understand why Lyta chooses just this moment to turn to Byron - she'd just been thanked by Sheridan for her part in saving all those lives. What more did she expect?
Yeah, it seemed like an odd moment, and Lyta came out a bit ungrateful which probably wasn't the idea. I just think Lyta had been really lonely for a really long time. Nobody interested in her in just her sake, only for her talent. And since Byron (inexplicably, for my mundane taste...) is such a charismatic person, "I'm her for you, see, I'm not asking anything from you unlike those lesser mundane beings, aren't I great, join us!", Lyta might feel she's finally found company who appreciates her for some other reasons than simply 'how can we best use her talents'.

G'Kar with his writings ("but it's BETTER now!") is quite amusing.
I'm not a fan of the Drazi but I was a bit disappointed that they were the villains of the story. However, the scene in the council room was very entertainingly evil:devil:

I always thought it pretty sad that Zack missed his chance with her. He did actually care about her as a person, not just for her abilities.

I agree that it is sad Zack missed his chance, but I don't think it would have worked because of her powers. She would have been able to read him like a book every minute of the day. He would have always felt intimidated by her abilities.

Yeah, but if she cared about him, she wouldn't have. Plus it would have been interesting to see that dynamic in the show, how can a normal and a telepath have a relationship.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back