• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: The Fall Of Night

Some Something about Things of Some thing

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
I was referring to G'Kar's eye and the time he left it on the shelf when Sheridan and Delenn get married in Deconstruction of Falling Stars.

HAHAHA!!!!! I had to pop in because I just watched this episode again and I chuckled at one of the most awkward moments in B5 history and wanted to say something about it. Sheridan has just learned that Frederick Lantz has come to B5 to sign a Non-Aggression Treaty with the Centauri. So the entire time he is venting his anger and frustration to Ivanova, while she is going along doing the same thing, she is concealing gift for him behind her back and looking for an opening in the conversation to bring forth the her surprise. When you think about it is so priceless. Here are two people basically freaking out over the news they just learned, but one of them is concealing a gift for the other. It just seems so awkward and brilliantly real.

And the gift itself is a bit awkward under the circumstances. Yes it seems to be a poignant reminder, but is it something he should or would display in his office or quarters? I mean it is definitely something that would spark more negative reactions from the Minbari. They are already touchy about Sheridan and The Black Star, so what would happen if they learn he has an actual piece of the ship as a trophy?! Nothing ever comes of it, but if one were seeing the episode for the first time one might ponder that there could be future repercussions if the Minbari learn what Sheridan now owns. All around a brilliantly bit of nuance that adds to the B5 tapestry. :thumbsup:

You make some excellent points here. Especially the second point. How DO the Minbari feel about him having that on display? And, did Ivanova take that sort of important point into consideration when she gifted him that? I can totally see why it would be a good gift for him, considering the circumstances, but I can also totally appreciate the Minbari's horror at the idea.

Okay so I had B5 streaming on Prime as I often do while I am doing things around the house. I may have mentioned this before, but in the garden scene Delenn gets Kosh to step aside with her. Who thinks it was so she could go off about Sebastian from COMES THE INQUISITOR? :LOL: You know a little bit of HOW DARE YOU SICK THAT GUY ON ME! :LOL: I mean seriously, how does she trust Kosh after that encounter? I like to do that to my friends. Send a psycho to question, torture, and possibly kill them as a test of their character. I guess Delenn definitely got the message from Kosh, "We are NOT friends." :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back