• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Re-watching Crusade

Ah, but TNT didn't want the show to have a chance because they knew they'd look obviously stupid for giving up a show that did well. What does TNT have going for it right now anyway? Every time I've popped by it's either some movie that's been out for a long time that they try to pretend it's some "new hit" or reruns of Law & Order or Angel or other such rerun.

Well, to use the best quote from the Crusade DVDVerdict review:

"Crusade and its cast and crew aren't guilty of anything, so they're completely free to go. The TNT people who botched this opportunity to create quality television are sentenced to watch endless repeats of Cletus Done Got His Hand Mangled In The Cotton Gin Agin, or whatever the hell they show on that network now."

TNT Schedule on Zap2It
Looks like land of movies that have been out for a good long while (Tonight looks like Tommy Lee Jones night.), reruns, and sports. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Tommy Lee Jones, but who wants to watch a movie that's been edited six ways from Sunday on TNT (probably edited for content, time, etc., and formatted to fit the screen.), when they already have them on DVD or Laserdisc? Not me.

And yet still there's nothing that says for certain that they're capturing souls in the show.
And there is also nothing in the show that says for certain that they don't truly capture souls. It's purposely left vague; for each viewer to decide, or believe what works for them.

The only good thing about TNT is their broadcast of NBA games. But with the Knicks performing so terribly, even that isn't as interesting to me these days.

I don't see it as being left such that each person can decide what they want to believe for themselves, I see it as it's left for people to say: there is no ultimate answer, which to me is a very different thing than people picking which side they fall on.

I just finished watching the Crusade DVD's, and I wanted to say this.....

I had seen Crusade the first time when it was on, and I liked it. But to me, it wasn't that great because it wasn't on the same level as B5. But after watching it through a second time, I gained a better appreciation for it. It made me want more. ;)

It's too bad that the show was axed by TNT. I found myself really enjoying watching it. I liked the CGI, and the characters, and the stories. Some of it didn't make sense, but I wager that would have been different had the show gone on longer. Some of those lose threads would have been tied up, and questions would have been answered.

Some of it didn't make sense, but I wager that would have been different had the show gone on longer. Some of those lose threads would have been tied up,

And some of those TNT suits should have been tied up (& gagged), so they couldn't have any input to the show. :devil:

Which parts did you think didn't make any sense? Just curious.

The only good thing about TNT is their broadcast of NBA games. But with the Knicks performing so terribly, even that isn't as interesting to me these days.

Actually, I count that as their 4th strike (1, 2, and 3, being WWF).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back