B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old July 20th 02, 06:12   #1
Kraig
First One

B 5 DVD S1/R1 Box sets available for preorder

DVD Planet is taking preorders for the Babylon 5 Season 1, Region 1 box sets.

I haven't found them listed at Amazon.com yet.

Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 07:34   #2
AntonyF
Administrator

Re: B 5 DVD S1/R1 Box sets available for preorder

Yeah, Amazon will get them soon hopefully. I suggest everyone waits to see what the price is there. They're not out until October, so you have plenty of time to pre-order. Plus, shopping through Amazon helps fund this site. With *another* server move on the horizon, helping this site is always appreciated. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I will also hopefully be doing many DVD features soon, as well as B5 interviews. So there's plenty to come on this subject. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
AntonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 07:44   #3
LightNZ
Dead Account

zone 4, zone 4, zone 4!!! - I hope so soon anyways
LightNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 15:08   #4
KoshN

30% off!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 17:21   #5
Loadhan
Telepath

Hrm ... I wonder where they got their information from ...

They list Bruce Boxleitner as one of the actors ...

And they say it's a 5 disc set ... normally they only put 4 episodes on a disc so it wouldn't fit on just 5 discs - and that's not even counting the extra features. Hopefully the price is right and hopefully we find it even cheaper other places ... not just for my budget, of course ... the more inexpensive, the more people will buy, the more likely a season 2! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Loadhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 17:39   #6
Recoil
First One

Me, I will either order via AMAZON through the B5TV website (nods to Antony) or go Retail. I usually like buying retail, but have ordered stuff online. Did anyone order their B5 ItB and Gathering DVD from Amazon? How close to the street date did you receive the product? I totally see myself breaking down and going retail because I know I can own it on that Tuesday instead of waiting 3-4 days for shipping. Sad huh? Anyway, anyone have feedback on when they got their ItB DVD and how soon after the street date it was?
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 17:45   #7
Kribu
Administrator

I got mine through Amazon.com but I don't think I'm the best reference for this. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I think it took close to three weeks to get it, from the day it was shipped (which, I think, was the street date), and that is a bit longer than usual with Amazon. But of course, international shipping just before Christmas ... no wonder.

But then, I didn't have the retail option, so I'm not complaining. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 19:58   #8
Shaal Mayan
First One

I for one will be shopping around to see the best price for the dvd's and there is where I will buy them online or in a retail store.
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 20:33   #9
The_One
First One

UK people would be advised to wait until www.play.com get it in. Their prices are very good and I got my ItB DVD a week before it came out in the US - and I'm in the UK! That is VERY good service...
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 02, 20:49   #10
Joseph DeMartino

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Their prices are very good and I got my ItB DVD a week before it came out in the US - and I'm in the UK! That is VERY good service...

[/quote]

Er, that would be impossibly good service, since ItB was never released as an individual DVD in the U.S. ItB and The Gathering were released as a two-sided double-feature DVD on December 4, 2001 - several months before the UK individual releases. Unless you received your DVD last November, you didn't get it before the U.S. release. (And if you did, I'm really impressed - because you got it before any of the PAL R2 discs were even pressed. Been hanging out in Sector 14 lately? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img])
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote