• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Here we go again.

The 'reality' from what I have read about 'reality tv' is that it is extremely cheap to create.

Let's hope its big day is on the way out. :roll:

Reality tv had a lot to do with my turning away from tv. The vast majority of the time I even bother with television is either Turner Classic Movies, PBS, or the news.

Hopefully, this is the latest TV trend that will quickly run out of steam.

About ten years or so ago, the big thing was newsmagazine shows. Like reality shows, they were probably cheap to create as you already had the news department and personnel in place, just have them do double-duty. When they got sick of that, the numerous editions of "Dateline" and "60 Minutes" got scaled back rather quickly and we saw a small re-emergence of the hour-long drama ( NYPD Blue, ER, etc). Then came the brief return of the game show, which lead to the bastard child now occupying the airwaves, the "reality" show.

And anyone that says/thinks this Paris Hilton is not an attention whore, chew on this; this woman has more money than God, yet is doing this show. They can't be giving her any more money than she already has, so why is she doing these shows?

Thank goodness for my DVD player.

Thank goodness for my DVD player.

Hell yes! Now you can buy the first season (if you want to call it that... it's not really a "season" as far as I'm concerned) of The Simple Life on DVD and watch it whenever you want to! And I just BET there are all kinds of great extras!!!

*spontaneously combusts*

Anyways, maybe they'll meet a psychotic hitchhiker or two while on the road. Then we can buy the DVDs for that season and get the extra special "Paris and Nicole Get Murdered" easter egg. Lord knows that would pull in the profits.

Anyways, maybe they'll meet a psychotic hitchhiker or two while on the road. Then we can buy the DVDs for that season and get the extra special "Paris and Nicole Get Murdered" easter egg. Lord knows that would pull in the profits.

I like the way you think. :LOL:

Heh.

I seriously thought they were talking about a posh hotel in the French capital for a while then.

Looks like I used to be a lucky guy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back