• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Remake of Halloween...

Mindwalker

Regular
Anyone going to see it? Thoughts?

I have serious doubts about a remake of this movie (no Jamie lee Curtis for one thing!) From what I understand it will be a "reimagining" of the movie not a update.

However since it is written, produced and directed by Rob Zombie. I will give it a chance when it comes out on DVD. I was pleasantly surprised by "House of a 1000 Corpses" and "The Devils Rejects"

Anyone going to see it? Thoughts?

I have serious doubts about a remake of this movie (no Jamie lee Curtis for one thing!) From what I understand it will be a "reimagining" of the movie not a update.

However since it is written, produced and directed by Rob Zombie. I will give it a chance when it comes out on DVD. I was pleasantly surprised by "House of a 1000 Corpses" and "The Devils Rejects"

I'm a great fan of the original 2, and am looking forward to the Remake. It seems to me, it will be pretty much the same, just more action, rather then being so slow to get going. plpus it's got Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis. How can you go wrong with Malcolm McDowell?

Zombie was on loveline last night (which on my 45 minutes commute home it keeps me awake) and he said his version has the "asylum" Michael Myers which none of the others had. I take it to mean we get to see him locked up when he was a kid.

I'm a great fan of the original 2,

Original two? As in Halloween (1978) and Halloween II (1982)?

or

Original, too? Meaning Halloween (1978)? The "2" might have been a TXT-ese abbreviation of "too".

and am looking forward to the Remake. It seems to me, it will be pretty much the same, just more action, rather then being so slow to get going.

I think the pacing of the original, is fine. It built its suspense quite nicely.

plus it's got Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis. How can you go wrong with Malcolm McDowell?

I dunno. Donald Pleasence left some might big shoes to fill.

Hopefully, they'll be able to fix some of the original's shortcomings (like not being shot in Illinios, or at least a place that has all four seasons).

Hollywood is just plain going down the shitter. It is so rare these days for a truly great piece of original work to come out. All it took was for one or two successful "remakes" to happen, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. This latest one is probably the worst idea of the lot. A remake of Halloween? Are you f'ing kidding me? What do you think Halloween's 2 through 6 were? (or however many sequels it had). Remaking a movie that had far too many sequels as it was is a TERRIBLE idea.

Personally, I think this one looks like a good idea. For one, it feels slightly less "routine" than the usual horror movie remake where someone just slaps things together and hopes that people will turn out to the theaters to see it. Not sure why I feel that way, but probably because Rob Zombie's at the helm and somehow that just makes this feel less trite. There's also the fact that I'm not sure I would've cared if this was Halloween IX: Michael Myers Kills More People Blah Blah Blah. I'm excited by the prospect of seeing a newer version of a classic, more or less, rather than a by-the-books sequel. Plus, the cast looks pretty cool. I also hope Malcolm McDowell provides as good a Loomis as Donald Pleasance did.

Original two? As in Halloween (1978) and Halloween II (1982)?

or

Original, too? Meaning Halloween (1978)? The "2" might have been a TXT-ese abbreviation of "too".

I think the pacing of the original, is fine. It built its suspense quite nicely.

Yes, the original two. Halloween 1 and 2 blend right into each other, and were the only really good ones in the lot of them. I don't text message, so you will never see me do things like B4 and 2 for to, it actually takes me longer to type in that fashion than to type in English.

Hollywood is just plain going down the shitter. It is so rare these days for a truly great piece of original work to come out. All it took was for one or two successful "remakes" to happen, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. This latest one is probably the worst idea of the lot. A remake of Halloween? Are you f'ing kidding me? What do you think Halloween's 2 through 6 were? (or however many sequels it had).

You seem to be confusing "sequel" with "remake". All but III (the awful, awful III) were sequels. III is the only one I won't watch. :p :p :p I think it should have ended with H20.

Remaking a movie that had far too many sequels as it was is a TERRIBLE idea.

I'm more open to this remake if it's not a by-the-numbers copy of the original. If it goes off in a slightly different direction, then I think there might be room for it.

Last edited:
Yes, the original two. Halloween 1 and 2 blend right into each other, and were the only really good ones in the lot of them.

1 & 2 were certainly the best.

List, for anybody who's keeping track:

1. Halloween (1978)
2. Halloween II (1981)
3. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) <gag reflex>
4. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
5. Halloween 5 (1989)
6. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)
7. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)
8. Halloween: Resurrection (2002)
9. Halloween (2007) the Rob Zombie remake.

Re. #9, these people are in it?

Danielle Harris ... Annie Brackett
Brad Dourif ... Sheriff Leigh Brackett
William Forsythe ... Ronnie White
Udo Kier ... Morgan Walker
Dee Wallace ... Cynthia Strode (as Dee Wallace Stone)
Adrienne Barbeau ... Barbara Florentine
Clint Howard ... Dr. Kopelson
Sybil Danning ... Nurse Wynn
Micky Dolenz ... Derek Allan

Brad Dourif as the Sheriff ????? Whaaaaat? Naah!

Last edited:
Was III the one with the costumes that melted kids faces off? Soooo lame.

Sort of. A kind of laser beam eminated from the chip in the mask, and that burned kids heads off, and for some reason all kinds of big bugs and millipedes came out of the wound.

Yes, it was LAME, and it was back when they were going to move away from the Michael Myers/Laurie Strode storyline, and have unrelated Halloween stories every year. Didn't go over well, hence Halloween 4.

I really enjoyed it. Mild spoilers follow

I thought it was great that Rob Zombie took alot of the Character building of the girls out of the movie (since we know that from the original) and in turn gave us so much character building on Michael Meyers. Some thing were changed from what we saw on screen in the original, but, alot of it was possible we just didn't see it, and it gives a great new angle on a classic.

Back