• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Your favorite credit sequence?

No fair! CBO mentioned both of Cowboy Bebop's credit songs..."Tank", the beginning song and "The Real Folk Blues", the ending song. If he would have just mentioned Tank, I would have nominated RFB. I like RFB better than Tank.

I actually used to really like the Dark Angel theme. It perfectly suited the show, all jangly and urban sounding. And they made the pictures tie in with sound-effects!
grin.gif

Although I don't hate the show (I do actually watch it occasionally), I can not STAND that theme song. I have to mute it or change the channel during the opening riff or my head may explode.

Rules be damned, I'm nominating Cowboy Bebop's opening. It's so much cooler than..... 95% everything else. And anyone that wishes to disagree can say so........ and then die. Die in a horrible fashion. I... just haven't figured out how! Darn.

And then there's Inu Yasha's, before CN did away with it.

And Yu Yu Hakusho had a pretty sweet opening, especially the theme. Simply awesome theme song.

And..... what may be BETTER than Bebop...... Hellsing. That opening is...... offbeat.

And The Equalizer deserves a mention, too!

And Love Hina. LOVE that one.

Great Teacher Onizuka is real good too.

Hrm..... I sense a pattern to my rantings. Perhaps it's saying..... that anime openings are superior? I think SO. No offence to anything else, though. Except for CSI. I have no problems with The Who, but I have heard that song ONE TIME TOO MANY.

Isn't Love Hina some pussy-ass just for girls anime that's anime's equivalent of a romantic comedy?
And if you're gonna mention anime, atleast mention Gundam Wing's opening. I don't watch much anime, but this one had a great opening IMHO.

"Home Improvement" (the opening with the animated hammer and the blueprints rolling up and rolling away).

Drama - The Equalizer
Comedy - Get Smart (I like how the doors close over the names)
Other Sci-Fi - Space: 1999 (original credits), groovy Brit sci-fi music.

BEST MOVIE INTRO SEQUENCE OF ALL TIME

MARS ATTACKS!

Some of these aren't necessarily my favorites, but since we're just brainstorming some nominations...

Dukes of Hazard *
Knight Rider
The A-Team *
L.A. Law *
Picket Fences
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson * (not Leno)
Alien Nation *
Alias
The Practice
The West Wing *
South Park
Survivor
E.R. *
John Doe
The Daily Show
The Late Show with David Letterman

...and if that's just too many, consider my narrowed-down list to be just the ones with an asterisk beside them.

I have one more to nominate:

V the series and miniseries. I can never get that music out of my head from the beginning or closing credits.

Pussy-ass? No. Not at all. It's just got a lot of female characters, is all. And yes, it's basically a romantic comedy thing, but it's funny as hell.

And I haven't seen Gundam Wing's opening. I haven't seen to much of anything Gundam, really.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Ninja_Squirrel: </font color>
Some of these aren't necessarily my favorites, but since we're just brainstorming some nominations...

John Doe

Drat! How could I have forgotten that one?
blush.gif

Well, I guess if it's anime it can't be as bad as a normal romantic comedy. But I still think romantic comedies are the spawn of Satan.

No one has yet nominated the best!
Best closing credits, and best credits, period: The Prisoner
Best opening credits: Twin Peaks
Honorable mention: The Addams Family
Best theme music: Perry Mason (original, 50-60s)

Earth: Final Conflict, season 1, without narration. Every narration for E:FC is pretty bad, season 5 was just awful. Other nominations: seaQuest 2032, Earth 2 and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Admiral Dave

I'm nominating Quantumn Leap; especially the first four or so series. Good speech, and excellent music. In the last year they changed the music almost completely though IIRC.

Can you download that anywhere?

Okay, you all must know by now that I'm obsessed about 24, so I say it has the best missing credit sequence. It's a cool idea that in every episode we get a different, a little bit tweaked version from the patriotic main theme. Sometimes it's played with full power (with a lot of brass) and sometimes only with strings and soft beat. That kinda gives the mood for each episode. (I must get some help for this... I know. But I don't care!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
)

Some other favourites...

Sledge Hammer (Because of the wacky theme of Danny Elfman, you've got to love it. Otherwise it's too amateurish.)

West Wing (Wonderful, altough the music is a bit too americana and patriotic but hell, I like it.)

Dark Skies (I don't exactly remeber the series or the sequence but I had a good time watching the show. I might be wrong though...)

Streethawk (Series was more or less crap but the theme is composed by Tangerine Dream and within TD mostly by Christopher Franke.)

Millenium (You can't beat this! Mark Snow's greatest theme so far. It's full of emotion and feeling. Plus the images with very well to it. I suppose 2nd season's sequence was the best.)

Regards,
Marko Marin

This is film intro sequence, but my favorite is..

"Gattaca" - Perfect intro for a near perfect film. Maybe my all time top3 favorite film.
smile.gif

I also like how "Road to Perdition" begun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back