• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Robin Hood

... What really annoys me though is Torchwood being relegated to BBC3(which I don't get)while this rubbish is broadcast primetime on a Sataurday evening.

Just to clear this one up ... Torchwood hasn't been "relegated" to BBC3, it was commissioned by BBC3, as a BBC3 show, and there was always the possibility (and only the possibility) put forward that it may get a repeat showing on BBC1 or 2.

I guess the success of Doctor Who and the anticipation for Torchwood has prompted Auntie to give it an immediate repeat for those without Digital TV.

Well I'm happy anyway.I get BBC 1 and 2 in Holland only and the trailers just mention BBC 3.Must say the trailers look ok and was that a bit of girl on girl action I saw :eek:

Reserecting the thread as we have a second season and at last there is something to watch and pass the time on Saturday nights.

I knew there was likely to be silliness, so there wasn't too much to annoy me. The 'Mission Impossible' false face moment was a bit much though, and how can the Sheriff and Guy not know that the Night Watchman is a woman? They had her surrounded at one point!

Jack (or Djaq) has dropped the man pretense at least.

New opening title sequence. Are we going to get that text every week? What was it? 'Many years ago, there lived a legend' or something like that?

I'm worried about next week. It looks like we get to see Djaq in a dress, but did I really see a craps table?
icon_disappointed.gif

I enjoyed Hercules/Xena when they were on the air, but you had to take the good with the bad. The serious story lines were some of the best one could find on television, but when it got too silly and slapstick, you would kind of grin and bear it. Some silly is good (starts humming the "Joxer the Mighty song.") Too much is kind of lame. And all villains need dimension. The regular bad-guys on Herc/Xena were usually pretty multi-dimensional (i.e. Callisto.)

I wish Xena / Herc were on cable somewhere these days. Not rich enough to get all the dvd's. =D

This is enjoyable tosh really. Its aimed at 10-14 year olds, so I would not expect too much. It is still better than that Costner flick, has great baddies and Marian is a hotty. I would rent the old Robin of Sherwood DVD's if I wanted something better...

I loved the Michael Praed RH and cried bitter tears when Sean Connery took over. I've heard so many negative reviews that I think I'll give this one a miss. Even if it does have the delectable Richard Armitage as Sir Guy of Gisbourne.

This is enjoyable tosh really. Its aimed at 10-14 year olds, so I would not expect too much. It is still better than that Costner flick, has great baddies and Marian is a hotty. I would rent the old Robin of Sherwood DVD's if I wanted something better...

There are some links to that series ina couple of my earliuer posts if you are in the mood for being sentimental.;)

I loved the Michael Praed RH and cried bitter tears when Sean Connery took over. I've heard so many negative reviews that I think I'll give this one a miss. Even if it does have the delectable Richard Armitage as Sir Guy of Gisbourne.

Would that not be Jason Connery ;)

I lost interest in this new series after a couple of episodes.

Anything is better than Costners effort though :LOL:

I think Michael Praed being on TV helped a lot of women survive unhappy marriages. I've never seen so many eyes glaze over whenever he is mentioned. So, where is he now ?

I think Michael Praed being on TV helped a lot of women survive unhappy marriages. I've never seen so many eyes glaze over whenever he is mentioned. So, where is he now ?

He has been a busy lad over the years and he narrated on the recent Blakes 7 podcast and has also narrated on Dr.Who as well as several BBC documentaries including Timewatch.

He has made a few films and still does Theatre as well as the odd guest appearance on TV shows.He was also in The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne.

Errol Flynn sort of comes across as a bit of a ponce whenever I've seen him.

Mind you maybe this is the point.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back