• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My TiVo cut short Lost ep; how'd it end? Spoilers

My TiVo cut short Lost ep; how\'d it end? Spoilers

For some reason, my TiVo only picked up 58 minutes of Lost. The last full scene I saw before it cut off was Sayid, Charlie, and Ana Lucia meeting Jack and Kate in the jungle at the site of a parachuted food drop (I knew food had to be coming from somewhere since the food they found couldn't last even two people but a few more months).

Right before TiVo cut off, I saw a split second of Locke in the hatch. Did something else happen between him and Henry Gale? Did Henry pull another psycho-babble stunt? Did he try to escape? Did Henry really enter the numbers in time, or was he pretending he did? Was there any more to Locke's flashback?

What about the previews for next week? Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.

SPOILER WARNING (in case someone has some for me)

Re: My TiVo cut short Lost ep; how\'d it end? Spoi

SPOILERS BELOW

Locke was asking Henry Gale how he stopped the alarm, what he did to get the doors up. He said all he did was enter the code. Then the lights went out and 10 seconds later the doors came up --- that he did nothing. Henry was helping Lock get comfortable on a sofa with his leg when Sayid and Jack came in and put a gun to Henry. Henry asked if they found his balloon. Sayid put down his gun and said that he found the balloon exactly as he described it. They also found the grave that he said he dug by his own hands. Then Sayid said that he still did not believe it, so he dug up the grave himself and found that a woman was not burried there, but a man. Then Sayid showed a drivers license that they took off the man. It was a Minnesota Drivers License with the picture of a black guy named Henry Gale.

End of episode.

Commentary: I thought the balloon looked suspiciously like the "parachute" drop that they found. Was it a recent drop? You would think it would have to be since it had a light flashing and they would have seen it sooner. So someone is still monitoring the island?

Also I thought the black light map on the door was cool. It implies that there are more "hatch" type bases which was hinted at earlier in the season. Apparently they all point to the center of the island? So maybe you have to do something at each one to get to the key of the island?

Hopefully Locke remembers what he saw and SHARES IT WITH PEOPLE. That is the most annoying part of this show --- no one shares information. Didn't they read that information is power??

Best Lost Episode in a while IMO.

Man, I actually screamed at the TV at the end of this episode. This show is so good that it's evil. :devil:

Recoil, the food parachute is new and is related to the lockdown of the hatch. I am not sure why those two are connected or who is dropping the food....

I had to go online and dig around for some information -- especially the "map".

SPOILER AHEAD

This link takes you to a "decoded" version of the map:
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x17/blastDoorMapOverlay.jpg

Re: My TiVo cut short Lost ep; how\'d it end? Spoilers

I recall reading somewhere that some stations are timing shows to run over slightly in order to throw off TIVO users (who tend to skip commercials). Was that ever true?

I think some attempted it, but TIVO is good at catching them. I watched this episode on my TIVO (I didnt watch it live) and it was there perfectly. Possible NS's TIVO had a glitch or a reboot. It happens once in a long while.

"Free" entertainment sounds more and more like war-zone territory. Actions leading to counteractions leacing to counter-counteractions.

And yea, all equipment has glitches from time to time. What horrible timing, though. :(

I recall reading somewhere that some stations are timing shows to run over slightly in order to throw off TIVO users (who tend to skip commercials). Was that ever true?

Less to throw off TiVO and other DVR users than to prevent live viewers from switching to another channel after a highly-rated show ends. They figure if they've already made you miss the first five minutes of the shows on NBC, CBS and Fox, you'll be more likely to stick around for Gray's Anatomy. Other networks do the same thing. Ted Turner (who else) pioneered the tactic in the 80s, which is why TBS shows all started at 5 mintues past the hour. (I have no idea if they still do this. I never watch anything on TBS.)

Regards,

Joe

According to the map, it looks as though lockdowns occur regularly during "restocking" periods. It also notes that "Cerberus" activity is greatly reduced around these times. Most of us are assuming that Cerberus is the smoke security system (which is also referenced as having a catastrophic event). If so, it could explain its absence and suggest that things may get more dangerous now that the restocking cycle is complete.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back