• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dead Like Me, Direct-To-DVD Movie

vacantlook

Super Moderator
For anyone who's enjoyed Dead Like Me, this is some interesting news. They're making a direct-to-DVD movie set two years after the last episode of the show. Rube won't be in it being that Mandy Patinkin is busy with other stuff, so a new reaper head character will be introduced played by the guy who plays Desmond on Lost. Also, the role of Daisy has been recast. Sarah Wynter will now play Daisy; interesting to note Sarah played a character on 24 whose sister was played by Laura Harris, the original actor who played Daisy on the show.

Ellen Muth speaks.

...Ellen Muth, star of the series, announced on her MySpace page that she's been informed the series could make a come back on TV if the movie sells well.

In her post, Muth mentions a new concept being featured in the movie and that fans should give it a chance. Does that mean reapers will not get Post Its anymore?

Muth says that she is not allowed to talk about said new concept or the movie....

Man, I hate when they re-cast actors for the same role. And it's not like Daisy was so great.
Losing Rube is worse, but at least the show ended in a way where it could make sense in terms of plot.

"but at least the show ended in a way where it could make sense in terms of plot"

a lot of people over on the deadlikemeonline.com forums seem to think if this dvd does well , it may go to a series ... that i think is deluding one`s self !!

Man, I hate when they re-cast actors for the same role. And it's not like Daisy was so great.
Losing Rube is worse, but at least the show ended in a way where it could make sense in terms of plot.
I agree. Rube was what held the show (and characters) together.

They might be banking on the fact that the series was so short-lived and unfamiliar to most the the TV audience, and hoping the change of a couple of characters won't be a big problem when attracting a new audience. It's pretty iffy, if you ask me. The show's writing and casting purposefully appealed to a niche audience. Would they change that? And would old fans approve of that?

Eh, let 'em try. I'm somewhat a fan of the show, and I would have a hard time watching a Patinkin-less DLM.

Back