• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Firefly convention cancelled. Cast shows up anyway

LondosHair

Regular
From Whedonesque.com, since the site is getting slammed right now:

There's no simplier way of putting this. Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Mark Sheppard, Jonathan Woodward, Christina Hendricks and Adam Baldwin have all turned up and are partying with fans at the hotel bar into the night at the cancelled convention Flanvention. These actors? I don't have the words. An update: there's a lovely LiveJournal entry with photos and recaps of what happened with the actors last night here from Whedonesque's embers. More photos. Even more photos.

What a great bunch of people... they exemplify the phrase "class act." I especially got a kick out of Alan Tudyk's "Whedon, You Bastard" button featuring pics of Wash and Book. :LOL:

Wish I could be there...

My favorite part of the story: Nathan Fillion giving away a box full of random junk, and then giving away the box.

Re: Firefly convention cancelled. Cast shows up an

That is a very cool thing to do. One of the reasons I liked Firefly so much was the cast. Not only did they all get along great, but Ive heard they are great people as well, and this is further proof of it. It is one of the few situations I can think about where I actually will watch a movie or TV show with any of them in it just to get a glimpse of them. For example, I watched "Slither" solely because Nathan Fillion was in it, and it was a really funny movie. A "B+" movie I'd say.

Anyway, thanks for posting this.

I wish I coulda been there to see Christina Hendricks... my goodness, I still get goosebumps... :)

kevinhillchristinahendrmw3.jpg
christinahendricks1papn3.jpg

YOWZA.

What a great bunch of people... they exemplify the phrase "class act." I especially got a kick out of Alan Tudyk's "Whedon, You Bastard" button featuring pics of Wash and Book.

I must suck :D .. I've been trying to find pictures of this pin, but haven't been having any luck. Pointer in the right direction? :D

I wish I coulda been there to see Christina Hendricks... my goodness, I still get goosebumps... :)

kevinhillchristinahendrmw3.jpg
christinahendricks1papn3.jpg

YOWZA.

:eek: :eek: :eek: SIGH:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

"THUMP"

Somebody help pick me up off the floor!

That is cool. Although they were probably scared to do otherwise, knowing how rabid the Firefly fans are. :D

Nah, they know our true rabid nature is reserved for Fox execs. They and the Master himself are venerated as holy objects.

Update!

Apparently the second day of what has been dubbed the "Browncoat Backup Bash" was even better than the first. All the actors from day 1 showed up again, and so did Ron Glass and Morena Baccarin -- Morena wasn't even supposed to come for the original convention! Rumor has it that Jewel Staite would have come, too, but she's in Canada and the organizers of the original event wouldn't pay her plane fare. Plus a variety of other actors who have worked with Whedon (or even, in one or two cases, guys who just like his work) also put in an appearance; Clare Kramer, who's a Buffy alum, opened her restaurant a week early to provide the venue.

Christina Hendricks apparently brought along a date -- her first date with the guy. Gutsy move for both, but apparently the guy loved it, and things seem to be "going well" for them, as Kaylee once put it...

A really amazing event, all around. I think the cast really earned the label "Big Damn Heroes" this weekend.

Wow!

That is all really cool, i'd struggle to think of any other actors who would do that for the fans, although in fairness they probably never had to buy any drinks at all...

And that chick is hot....

Cool.

My sister, who works in Starbucks in Manhattan, once served coffee to Zoe. She told her she was fan of Firefely (courtesy of me, natch) and as this was around the time Serenity was coming out, she pimped the flick a bit. Said she was very nice and, anticipating my question, told me that, "yes she is that gorgeous in person."

Jewel Staite really is divine as well, but there was more to that show than chicks... was there?

Yes but I have this philosophy about succesful Science Fiction that is called "Resident Babe Theory".

Every show that has one does well... the shows that do REALLY well have tthe substance to back it up though!

I have this philosophy about succesful Science Fiction that is called "Resident Babe Theory".

Every show that has one does well
Then how do you explain Cleopatra 2525?

Or does the theory assume some minimal level of competence in the show's writing etc.?

Thus Firefly, with four Resident Babes, a Guest Babe, and loads of substance to back it up, should have been the greatest SF show on record.

The Fox executives who canned it really need to be slapped.

I have this philosophy about succesful Science Fiction that is called "Resident Babe Theory".

Every show that has one does well
Then how do you explain Cleopatra 2525?

Or does the theory assume some minimal level of competence in the show's writing etc.?

The theory does indeed include this. A resident babe is like a spark.... but without fuel or oxygen to sustain the flame, it soon goes out.

Executives are like fire blankets, they smother creativity of the fire.

Back