• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Help! R1 DVD pics

LightNZ

Beyond the rim
Just need help getting some screen caps from the Region 1 DVD's from Disc 2: "And a Sky Full of Stars"

Here are my captures from the R4 Release:
http://jumpgates.tripod.com/skystars/

I need R1 (that's R1!!!) captures for each of the pictures shown on the page above (just approximately the same time is fine). And the same size or larger would be nice - but i'll take whatever i can get
smile.gif

oh, post 'em or email them to me at light-nz@yahoo.com

thank you sooooooo much!!

THANX!!!.........um.......all your images seem kinda squashed though? why is that? (notice Delenn in the last pic - she's looking very narrow lol)

The do look squished. For a R1 (NTSC) screen capture, the correct width & height would be 852x480 or 720x405, not 720x480.

At least that's what I've got with my R1 DVD screen caps. And the episode in question does certainly not have any squished scenes in it!

If you want a comparison between the R2/R4 and R1 scenes of that ep (I assume so? to see if the stretching occurs in R1 as well?), have you checked this site?

weird... I think UBB squarshed em though... I opened them up on my hard drive and they look fine..

I used PowerDVD to capture them... I may have a setting wrong or sumpin... I'll check.
confused.gif

ah cool, thanx

yes, i'm wanting a comparrison, because warner NZ just gives an explanation about the cropping (as in, no one has really watch the ep, otherwise they would see what we mean by stretched, we are not complaining about the cropping) Just wanting to show them
smile.gif

Not bad, considering the luck of the B5 fan over the years, all things considered. Granted, I'm in R1... however, we've got our fair amount of problems with the R1 release as opposed to the R2 release. The stretching is ridiculous but...

I must reiterate, that I'm just REALLY happy B5 is on DVD.

Regards,

-Tim

Maybe I'm just a goodun, but I can't see anything wrong with the R1 release... it looks perfect on my tv/computer...

B5 Screen caps or shots

Speaking of pics....
I don't have the dvd's yet (I'm in west US) Season 2 is coming...YAHOOOO!
Anyway...as soon as I can get the money together I'm getting them all. I am putting together a personal slide/music video about Delenn and Sheridan. I told someone that I needed to get the dvd's so I could get screen caps from them. He said he didn't know you could do that. I said it should be fairly easy if I've got the dvd player installed on my computer!
Anyway, I have finally got the computer of my dreams and all previous good sources of pics from the series have apparently dried up. Thus I turn to this veritable fountain of resources that is B5TV.com
The last shot on that list of Delenn and Sinclair is exactly one that I was looking for..mind if I borrow it?
What's really lacking in the sources that I have found are shots from anything past season 2 and 3. The good shots that is.
Until those dvd's come out, I have to look to sources here and elsewhere for the shots I need.
Anything will be appreciated. Like I said this 'video' is merely stills strung together behind a music soundtrack, for my personal skill building and enjoyment. If/when it gets done I'll let people know.
After this, I'm hoping to do one of Witchblade..but that's going to be even more difficult..but that's not for this board.
Long time no see everyone..sorry I haven't been around much...life dontchaknow. But I'm back now...ready to go..

Re: B5 Screen caps or shots

what programme did you use to capture those images ?
i used power dvd and nan/virtualdub to rip it on the hd

DVD-ROM drive + PowerDVD
grin.gif

I also have a ATI All in Wonder Radeon card that I made VCDs of the episodes with... gettin a buddy of mine converted... it worked too.. he's already pre-ordered S2
smile.gif

Can someone edit the thread so that only the links to pics show up instead of the actually pics? Reading a post only to have the entire thread shifted down is annoying.

Can someone edit the thread so that only the links to pics show up instead of the actually pics? Reading a post only to have the entire thread shifted down is annoying.

With all due respect, my friend, the entire thread itself is about screen captures! While I'm all about developing HTML and such related tech so that these techs work on all browsers... in this case... its time for us to simply deal with it. ;-)

Cheers,

-Tim

With all due respect, my friend, the entire thread itself is about screen captures! While I'm all about developing HTML and such related tech so that these techs work on all browsers... in this case... its time for us to simply deal with it. ;-)

Just to let you know, I had to scroll down 4 times just to read your posts.
grin.gif

This doesn't have anything to do with browsers. The pics are so big that when they're loaded, they cause a significant screen jump. Not to mention they're of significant file size. And yes, it's about captures, but a link to the capture is just as good and would still convey the info.

Here lies one of my few peeves.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back