• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Parliament of Dreams

PMvanova

Beyond the rim
I just found one of my B5 game cards, and it has the entire quote from the Rebirth ceremony, some of which I had forgotten. Here's the entire quote and then I'm going to see what people think.

"Will you follow me into fire, into storm, into darkness, into death?
The Nine said yes. Then do this in testimony to the One who will follow, who will bring death couched in the promise of new life, and renewal disguised as defeat."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Delenn herself fulfilled that description.
'death couched in the promise of a new life' -- Could be her transformation, could be the Starfire Wheel ordeal.
'and renewal disguised as defeat.' -- that definitely speaks of the fall of the Religious Caste to the Warriors.

But.....Sinclair didn't know about that! It happened after he left. Unless....he got a glimpse of it during one of the time slips on B4 or even going back in time with Zathras. He did know about Delenn breaking up the Grey Council...she did that in Severed Dreams and War Without End happened after that! Maybe he knew some things that wasn't shown to us. He was still in with the Vorlons up until he left.
Who knows...
Anyway..that just struck me the other day and thought I'd throw it out there and see who else would want to gnaw on it.

When Delenn says that Lennier knows very well that Sinclair was Valen, and that he didn't have any knowledge beyond the point he went into the past, I've always tought that either the Vorlons gave some pieces of info to Sinclair/Valen or that he figured out some future things through the events of Severed Dream and other episodes.

Regards,
TheInfection

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back