• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

favourite line?

Oh YES!!! The famous Fasten, Zip question.

Also, isn't there a Londo quote about the temperature in his quarters, something about "it is more like Oh look, it is so cold my arm has frozen and fallen off". I can't remember it, so it must have been good to still be so funny without the details.

And EVERYTHING he says during the "triple damned" bug infestation. Pure perfection!!!

Also, isn't there a Londo quote about the temperature in his quarters, something about "it is more like Oh look, it is so cold my arm has frozen and fallen off"

The conversation happened during 'The Illusion of Truth' I believe. Londo is coming down the staires talking with either Ivanova or Zack,
'When I said that my room was cold, it's not 'Oh, I think I'll put on an extra sweater' cold, no, it is cold as in, "Oh look, my arm has fallen off from the cold.'
I would normally invoke my B5 books, but unfortunately, the episode books don't have quotes, and I don't have the second Guide to B5 book that would have it.
It's a hilarious line, but later when Dan Randall cuts to it, he makes it look more sinister by taking it out of context.
"Strip him naked and then through him out the airlock."

yes, its from "The Illusion of Truth" where Londo is coming down the stairs with Sheridan. You almost had it, I'm pretty sure it goes like this:

"Captain, when I said it was cold, I did not mean cold as in 'oh, it's a little chilly I think I'll put a blanket on the bed'; I meant it was cold as in 'oh look, my arm is about to drop off like an icicle and shatter into a million pieces on the floor'. This is highliy inappropriate!"

I can't think of all my favourites at the moment, but here are a few:

Bester: "Anatomically impossible, Mr Garibaldi, but you're welcome to try."
---------------------------------------------------
Londo: "Fools to the left of me, feeders to the right; I need to find a real job."
-------------------------------------------------
Londo: "If I were a landing thrusters which one of these would I be?"
----------------------------------------------------
Delenn: "The woman, who sold me this dress, told me that I would definitely turn heads" Sheridan: "Yea, well. If they turn much farther, you would be sued for whip lash."
-----------------------------------------------------
Londo: "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!"
G'Kar: "I hear you..."
Londo: "WE'RE IN HERE!!!"
G'Kar: "We're in here..."
------------------------------------------------------
Marcus: "I could go outside with a bucket on my head and pretend to be the great Vorlon god Booji?"
Ivanova: "That's it!"
Marcus: "Fine, I'll get a bucket."

The EXACT phrase goes like this-

(londo) perhaps you do not understand the nature of my concern captain.

(sheridan) I understand completely Londo.

(Londo) No I don't think so, "when I said my quarters where cold I did not mean,
oh I think it's a little chilly in here, perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed.
No, I said it was cold as in oh look my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor.
This is highly inapropreate captain."

(Sheridan) You're right, there are other parts of your body I'ld much rather see shattered.

(Londo) ah well I think your sense of humour is very funny.

Oh and speaking of sense of humor.....
Sheridan
"Zooty!! Zoot Zoot!!"
Londo
"Oh I am sorry, I mistook you for a human with TASTE."
Sheridan
"It was a great routine!!"
Londo
"Well I didn't get it....."
Sheridan
"Not my problem."

Oh and thanks to everyone for working out that Frozen quote, it's a classic Londo complaining quote.

I think Londo provides the majority of humorous quotes, and of course Vir:

"I was toasting Emperor Cartagia, I since he wasn't here, I drank for him. And then, I couldn't be rude, so I had to drink with him. So first it was me drinking for him, and then him drinking for me, and then I kinda... got into this kinda cycle...and then Emperor Cartagia his glass broke, or maybe it was my glass... would you like some?"

Londo: Vir, is there something I can help you with?

Vir: No, Londo, just need to borrow this for a minute.

Zach: What happened?!

Londo: I promoted him.

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

"Did I ever tell you [Delenn] that you are very cute for a Minbari? Even you [Garibaldi] are cute, in an annoying sort of way. Everybody's cute! Everybody's cute! Even me. But in purple.. I'm stunning!" [collapses]
-- Londo in Babylon 5:"The Parliament of Dreams"
"I rather enjoyed the song."
"Don't tell him."
"You're sure?"
"Trust me."
-- Draal and Delenn in Babylon 5:"A Voice in the Wilderness #1"

"I was toasting Emperor Cartagia, I since he wasn't here, I drank for him. And then, I couldn't be rude, so I had to drink with him. So first it was me drinking for him, and then him drinking for me, and then I kinda... got into this kinda cycle...and then Emperor Cartagia his glass broke, or maybe it was my glass... would you like some?"

continued...
"Vir you're drunk."
"I...(incomprehensible sounds of him trying to say something)....ohhhhyoubetcha"

Then there's the classic interchange between Vir and Lennier where they weren't talking to each other but communicated perfectly.
I don't remember what episode it was...they're both commiserating on their superiors not telling them what's going on and expecting them to follow orders without explanation. At the end they look at each other and say, "Same time tomorrow?" they nod and move off in different directions.
Then there's the "Helluva life" interchange...I loved that one too.

Another classic Londo Quote.

"Love! What does love have to do with marraige?" (war prayer)

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif How True!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Marcus: "I could go outside with a bucket on my head and pretend to be the great Vorlon god Booji?"
Ivanova: "That's it!"
Marcus: "Fine, I'll get a bucket."

[/quote]

From that sequence I actually kinda preferred:

Ivanova: At least we know they understand our language. They just refuse to speak to us in it.

Marcus: Who knew they were French? ..... Sorry.

my favorite line is Marcus' , from a conversation with Dr. Franklin (too late at night for me to quote but goes somehing like this) what if life was fair, and all the bad things that happen to us happen because we deserve them? so now i take comfort in the general hostility of the univers etc. etc...

(i think it's from somewhere in the middle of season 4)

-------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Marcus, I always loved his "You can get farther with a 2b4 and a kind word than you can with just a kind word."

And the exchange with Gkar and him when he shows Gkar his Minbari Fighting Pike..... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Absolutely priceless!!
"I LIKE IT!!" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

There's so many off them I can't remember but I was watching "In the Beginning" yesterday and I had to laugh out loud at the follow passage of dialogue near the beginning of the film:

Emperor Mollari: Come here, you. For the next five minutes you are the Emperor of what was once the vast Centauri Republic. You may give one order... Any order you desire... Make it a good one... What do you want?
Lucco Deradi: Tell me a story!
Nanny chastises Lucco
Mollari (with an ironic look on his face): No, no, it's all right. He did far better with that question than I did.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

"You can get farther with a 2b4 and a kind word than you can with just a kind word."

[/quote]

He was actually quoting Al Capone who once said "You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." Still a great line though.

Hello, New here but ill dare to post me own favorite line.
it would be defiantly Lando speaking to one of the B5 personal during the episode with the customs problems, Lando was waiting for a shipment of this fine liqueur but they wouldn't let him have it finally he tells this man:
"You have this expression on your face, an expression that tells me: put your head next to my ear, you can hear the ocean"

One of the best (I know, I know its not the exact phrasing)

Love
SickBar

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I agree, that was quite amusing. Just in case you were interested in the exact phrasing... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Londo is talking to Zack in customs:
"You have that vacant look in your eyes that says 'hold my head up to your ear, you will hear the sea'."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back