• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Want to write an article?

Yo, Antony - come on, dude, you know who to call... I'd be more than happy to help you with any of your writing needs. I am, after all, a professional.

No, really. I *am* a professional. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyway. Mmm, I'm big on human-interest and good-news stories. And scholarly essays on characters' speech patterns. And fanfiction particularly relating to the Rangers of the Liandra... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Edit: particular topics right off my head are how Babylon 5 has affected the life of actual fans (using people off this messageboard, and those I know), analysis of JMS' story structure, script stuff, etc... lessee...

Ant, I can give you a Byron article by Monday.

Joe's question is good: approx how long? I figure maybe one page?

Maybe we can do like a point-counterpoint thing on something like season 5 or whatnot. I really like season 5 and dislike Zathras, so I'd be willing to take up those two positions. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks everybody for your interest.

How long? Not sure, to be honest. Just use your own best guess. Not too long that people give up... but enough to make a substantial read.

If someone wants to do a "why I hate Byron" article, please do. It can be a counterpoint to The MightyGkarsEye's article.

Ok dumbass question time! where do you want us to send these articles? please just bear with me here, I usually miss the obvious so thats why I'm asking /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

"Why I hate Byron: A counterpoint to GKE" - by Recoil

"He is a tree hugging hippie"

Thank you for your time.

(sorry, couldnt pass up the South Park plug /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

PM me if you are ready to submit one, I will then give an email addy. Or better still, just PM it to me. I don't post my addy on web pages. Spam bots about. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

What about fiction?

GKarOfTheKhari writes some good dren, especially That Numbing Sensation, an ST spoof on his board. He has a B5 one (Londo P.I.), and it's pretty humorous.

I know, you probably want to discourage fan fiction, but it's good and funny stuff, definitely front page material. And it's not like "serious" fan fiction that JMS tries to avoid, it's more for fun. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

If you are looking at this as a long term thing with a new article every two or three weeks I could probably check in
later on. Some of the people on this board can no doubt write a new article every day or two, but most will run out of
ideas, or only have one! I think that's where I fit in.

If you want i can write some top 10 list

1)Things to do with G'kars eye
2)Why Garibaldi Lost his hair

:) j/k

::kicking self for not paying attention to boards sooner::
Antony, have no fear of finding enough contributors, me included. Just wish I had logged off line all my debates and conversations from the Eclipse days. (GKarFan remembers some of those)
Anyway, as soon as I resurrect some of that I'll pass it on, most likely within the week. I am discovering I love writing. I have one short story piece of fan fiction I'm particularly proud of but will not submit unless asked. I respect JMS' requests and keep my fiction off the public boards. Well, now I do at least. ;-) Going to start formulating article now...starting with...religion. mwuahahahahaaaaa

Not realizing that there had been a heated argument on religion in another thread, I picked the one subject that seems to be a tender one. But that's the idea isn't it? To make us think, react and wonder and perhaps open our eyes a bit to another point of view. That was the whole point of B5 in the first place. Never lose sight of the fact that we're all human. As much as we want to be another race or someone else.

Latest posts

Members online

Back