• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Hunter, Prey

Un-covered breastfeeding in public

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Fun episode, Garibaldi going into down below was great. Moves the Clark/Santago story foreward. I give it a "Good".

Fun episode, Garibaldi going into down below was great. Moves the Clark/Santago story foreward. I give it a "Good".

Agreed. Plus, I loved the bit about the doctor being aboard Kosh's ship and that Earth guy wants to board/search it. I'd like to see him try. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

B+ in my book. Not supreme quality, but a darn good ep. I also would love to see the EarthForce guy try to search Kosh's ship, and Garibaldi getting tough is fun to watch. Although what's with him and getting stabbed? About as bad as Sheridan's forehead for attracting minor injuries.

Minor detail that I loved but is easily overlooked: right before Sheridan sees the ribbon that's his signal to meet, Garibaldi sees a Ranger walking by. A nice little nod to the fact that B5 is just crawling with conspiracies.

I thought it was a very clever episode, with humor just where it belonged, and a nice way to push the idea forward that the Vorlons manipulate oganisms to suit their needs.

So I gave it the only "A". :p

I gave it a B rating more to move along the Clark story line and the building suspicions regarding Santiago's death wasn;t an accident.

I'll for for the A here too. It's not the best of the best but overall a very good episode. Maybe a B+ would be more appropriate but because this one has it all I'm moving it up to the A range.

I found it highly amusing that you have both Bill and Ted's history teacher and Socrates in the same episode of B5.

A very good ep, but ot quite an A. Lots of intrigue - it really moves the earth story along and we start to see what Sheridan has got involved in. It gave us a bit of insight into the Vorlon ship too :)

I like the conspiracy premise and I get such a kick out of Richard Moll's face when he gets busted (he was in WAYYY over his head). I don't even mind the not-so-subtle lifting of dialogue from Close Encounters about the ship singing to him.

Gave it a "good".

It was ok, but seemed to be lacking something. Garibaldi's trip into Down Below was fun, and the Vorlon stuff was interesting, but otherwise I find it hard to get terribly excited about this one. And the guy who plays the Earthforce special agent who's come to find the Doctor puts in a terrible performance. I give it a C.

And the guy who plays the Earthforce special agent who's come to find the Doctor puts in a terrible performance.

My problem with him is part performance, part writing.

I so agree. Especially the big climatic scene. There he is, the tech says that Kosh's ship is ready to leave, and Sheridan tells the tech to tell Kosh's ship to stand by. And then they do their big ass whole-station scan and find nothing. Then either Sheridan or Ivanova tells the tech to go ahead and let Kosh's ship launch, and Kosh's ship goes on, gets near the jumpgate, the tech updates C&C that the ship is preparing to jump, and the agent just goes off. "I was NOT informed of a launch!" The way he says it makes me roll my eyes it's just so overdone. And it's like, why don't you know about the launch, were you not freaking paying attention to what the people around you were doing right in front of your eyes the past couple of minutes? No wonder you can't find the doctor!

Yes, this episode does consist of lots of little things that add up to make it good. The building up of clues concerning the story arc makes it interesting to watch within the context of the whole show. One more detail that hasn't been mentioned so far was Sheridan's comment on the Vorlon ship at the beginning of the episode - saying that their technology is 1000 years ahead of Earth's. Those references to thousand year time cycles come up every once in awhile and are explained/exploited more later on.

I love how Sheridan chastises the agent at the end for putting his security forces on a "wild goose chase", while having Ivanova submit the agent a report with recommendations for other "goose chases" he can go on. Very well played.

And was anyone surprised, on first watch, that Kosh even got involved in hiding this fugitive doctor? Didn't seem too characteristic of the Kosh we'd seen up to this point, "getting involved in the affairs of younger races", lol (which we later know they did, big time--and of course, casting doubt on Clark's legitimacy would be key to giving Sheridan a reason and an opening for breaking away from EarthForce, which was most certainly part of the Vorlons' plans for him). We're glad he did that of course, though.

Minor detail that I loved but is easily overlooked: right before Sheridan sees the ribbon that's his signal to meet, Garibaldi sees a Ranger walking by. A nice little nod to the fact that B5 is just crawling with conspiracies.

Yes that was a great subtle moment.

So I think this episode falls into the A category. Of course if you have ever seen Tim Heidecker's On Cinema show then you get that I give every episode Babylon 5 five bags of popcorn, meaning my range on B5 episodes probably bottoms out at A-. ;) Of course I really do like this episode. And as per usual I wish it had more to it. I wanted to see more of the search because I am always wanting to see more of the station.

I thought Bernie Casey did an okay job, but that his part didn't have much to it until his final scene.

I thought the use of Richard Mol as the not so threatening threat was great. If he plays a heavy it is usually a pretty terrible one because of his menacing size, but Max didn't seem too threatening after he used that knife to clean his fingernails. :LOL: Plus his reactions to learning some of the things about the Doctor Jacobs and getting excited about being able to get a few credits for the recorder were also clues. And then there was his henchman. I don't think many people would be afraid of a crook whom had that gentleman as his henchman. :guffaw:

I have mentioned elsewhere in the past that I would have liked to see the "Merchant" credited as "Reno". In Signs and Portents, 1.13, he was the dealer who acquired The Eye for Londo and his name was Reno. This character is similar to Reno so I wish he had just been called Reno. This is the version of Reno who might have fallen on some hard times, but is still able to find things and make things happen. Just an interesting note about casting.

Yes that was a great subtle moment.

....Oy. I posted that comment thirteen years ago. No wonder I couldn't remember writing it.

I have mentioned elsewhere in the past that I would have liked to see the "Merchant" credited as "Reno". In Signs and Portents, 1.13, he was the dealer who acquired The Eye for Londo and his name was Reno. This character is similar to Reno so I wish he had just been called Reno. This is the version of Reno who might have fallen on some hard times, but is still able to find things and make things happen. Just an interesting note about casting.

Yeah, I always wondered about that. Same guy, going through a temporary cash-flow problem? Less-talented twin brother? Unwise casting decision? I never could decide.

....Oy. I posted that comment thirteen years ago. No wonder I couldn't remember writing it.

A great thing about this place is you can read through all of the old posts and opinions if you choose. Now if only everyone who posted thirteen years ago was around to comment when I comment on posts they made thirteen years ago. ;)

Yeah, I always wondered about that. Same guy, going through a temporary cash-flow problem? Less-talented twin brother? Unwise casting decision? I never could decide.

I love to look for stuff like this and fill in the back story. I say he is the same guy only fallen on hard times. I also look for the recurring background players and supporting casts and figure out their stories. Take Bryan Michael McGuire. I believe he first appeared in Soul Mates, 2.7, and was credited as "Man"; he's the passenger Mathew Stoner is messing with when Garibaldi spots him . He shows up in episodes after that as a Security Officer. So I constructed Soul Mates is when he was first arriving on B5. He is either arriving in his civilian clothes or he had been on vacation and was returning to B5 in his civilian clothes if Soul Mates was not the first episode we saw his face. It is his first credited episode on IMDB, but as we all know with B5 he could have been a background player many times. I don't think so, but I can't say for certainty that he was never in the background or under some "Uncredited" makeup. :LOL:

Back