• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Wolverine Trailer

Wolverine is an overexposed character that I have little to no interest in. I honestly don't get why so many people have such a hard-on for him. Years back, I used to be a subscriber to every X-book comic published, and it seemed like he was in every one of them. I became quite tired of him.

Pfft, not overexposed to me. Don't expect you to watch it then, since you're already poopoo'ing.

Anyone else not on the "I hate Wolverine bandwagon?" Or am I just a big lush for comic book movies?

I might not be so uninterested in a Wolverine film if all three X-Men films hadn't already been Wolverine films.

More Wolverine overexposure: they're getting ready to start a new X-Men cartoon on the NickToons channel. The name of the show: Wolverine And The X-Men, in which Wolverine is going to be like the head leader of the X-Men working to reassemble the team. Ugh.

Nah, it's far from stupid. People are gonna see the film and want to talk about it. Don't judge the quality of a thread's topic based on only one person's opinions of the subject.

I'm no Wolverine hater, but Dr. Strange is my favorite. I'm looking forward to it, but it isn't expected until 2012. Originally Guillermo del Toro was listed as director, but now I see no director listed. :(

Wolverine was the go-to mutant for the total fanboys -- the Marvel Universe equivalent of Boba Fett, if not more so -- before Hugh Jackman played the part so perfectly. As a result Marvel stuffs him in everything, like Lucas put Fett into everything he did after ESB: to make the fanboys drool and pay up. Heck, I bet a lot of the fanboys are feeling that he's overexposed now, too -- but they're still buying.

Yeah, I wasn't happy with X3. But, I watched it for sheer Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen goodness.

Ditto. I was already a Patrick Stewart fan, but even if I had not been those would have been the two characters I found the most interesting. They were the most cerebral, I guess. But I also found them to be, by far, the most interesting.

I wish we could have seen more of their "backstories". I know we saw some of Magneto's (a glimpse) but not a whole lot of Xavier's. That would have made a movie I'd have loved, but most X-men fans wouldn't have watched I'd guess.

But I will chime in to say that I have no interest in Jackson as a fantasy figure, nor any interest in the character Wolvarine in particular. But it was pure joy watching him act the character in the first two films. Personally, I'd have to say he made the most of that part, and then some. I'm glad he found success with it.

I'm waiting to see what folks have to say about "The Day the Earth Stood Still". I may actually try to see it in an actual movie theater, despite the distance and the business of the season. :)

I hope someone posts some nonspoiler comments on whether they liked it or not eventually.

I'm waiting to see what folks have to say about "The Day the Earth Stood Still". I may actually try to see it in an actual movie theater, despite the distance and the business of the season. :)

I hope someone posts some nonspoiler comments on whether they liked it or not eventually.

I liked it. :) But, I'm not hard to please insofar as sci-fi. I thought it moved along well (the pacing) and was suspenseful. Good acting, imho.

I'm only afraid that I'll be disappointed because I so enjoyed the original. Thanks for letting me know your impressions.

hyp. haven't seen it myself but a couple of buddies of mine watched it last weekend and said it was "fine", as long as you ignore the fact that the original even exists and just enjoy it for what it is ... which is a typical Hollywood SF blockbuster. Might check it out, or might wait for the DVD since the reviews have been so poor.

As far as Wolverine is concerned, my wife not only loves the character of Wolverine but will pretty well watch anything that Hugh Jackman is in (she even made me sit through Swordfish, for which the only saving grace was Halle Berry in her smalls). I assume that means I will be seeing Wolverine in the cinema rather than on DVD.

:p

Gambit better not be a bad guy... They totally $hit on Cyclops for the last 3 movies before they killed him so Gambit better be a good guy.

I wonder what they would have had Cyclops do in the third film if James Marsden hadn't decided to follow Bryan Singer to Superman Returns. Not that Cyclops was given much of a part in X2 even with Singer doing it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back